Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Offers Cancelled

I'm feeling very good about my decision to NOT partake in that shopping site offer, b/c it only allowed 3 days before charging, and that's not long enough to really evaluate a site to decide if you want to continue... Sure I missed out on a few credits, but oh well.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by mollyeilis View Post
    I'm feeling very good about my decision to NOT partake in that shopping site offer, b/c it only allowed 3 days before charging, and that's not long enough to really evaluate a site to decide if you want to continue... Sure I missed out on a few credits, but oh well.
    It's always a tough call. I like the ones that give me at least a week. But depending on the service, I really may not know in a week. Things that I have actually kept for at least 6 months (if not longer) include Blockbuster, Netflix (before we switched to Blockbuster), Stamps.com, Passport to Fun, and Gamefly. I think we paid for CinemaNow but didn't really use it very much. I also stayed with Lifelock but need to cancel it because I have had it a few months and just haven't used it. And I need to cancel Rhapsody because I have had it 6 months and only used it once.

Sometimes I am surprised at the things that I end up liking. But other things, I don't even mess with because I know there is no chance at all that I would like them (like the foreclosure stuff).
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

I agree with the blockbuster, netflix ones. The only thing was I joined netflix before I knew about reward sites. I then joined blockbuster and tried it but I like netflix better. So no more blockbuster. These are great sites!! And the credits for them are so good too.
    <Sunshine Rewards

Some of these companies really have good products that I have ended up liking. The ones I've enjoyed and kept after the trial are Blockbuster, Passport to Fun, Shopping Essentials, Columbia House DVD (great for gifts), Disney book club and some others. I especially like that Yourmusic.com site where you get 6.99 CDs shipped free. I can't wait each month to get my CD and that price is a real bargain. I love all of these offers, I'm glad they let me 'try them out' and Iplan on keeping them permanently!

But ~~there are some others that do seem like a racket ~ where they've set it up to take advantage of YOU! In a few, they start autoshipping you products before you've even received the "trial" product that you've been given a week or so to evaluate. Now come on, it's obvious that those are just trying to run up your credit card before you can get in to cancel.

There seems to be a wide range of these offers: from really good ones to sort of shady, imho.
    Last edited by sunmagic; 05-15-2007 at 03:21 PM.
    .................................................. ........Sunshine Rewards
    <------Wish I Were Here!