Let me start by saying I am probably at least a month away from making a final decision on this.

Since money is super tight right now, I'm trying to find a way to cut expenses for Christmas. Since I already bought things for two of my brothers, I'm thinking immediate family can stay at my normal budget of $10/person and the extended family is being scaled way back. I thought the restaurant.com certificates might work for the aunts and uncles.

Since the one lives in the area and I know they gave my parents a restaurant.com GC last year for Christmas, I'm sure I can do it for them. It should also be a little bit easier to figure out where to get it to, because I can ask my parents and other folks up here. The other aunt and uncle live in Columbus -- I'm in Cleveland. I have no idea what down there is any good.

So the first dilemma is how do I know which is these places they would like? The second is, I know a lot of them are for say, $25 off XX purchase. Do you think if I went ahead and just gave them the certificate and maybe used my scrapbooking supplies to make it a little prettier that would be fine?

Plan B is to just say the heck with it and make them something. I made coasters for myself entirely out of my quilting scraps, so it's probably going to end up being either a set of say 4 coasters or sew something on a dishtowel or two.