Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gift Cards...I swear I've read something about this

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Default Gift Cards...I swear I've read something about this

but of course cannot find it right now....

Does anyone know or better yet, can you confirm, that Disney Gift Cards can be kept stacked on top of each other & not demagnetize them?? I know they say to keep your cell phone away from the park ticket/room key and I'd do the same for the gift cards but I was wondering about just keeping them all together?

I found a great holder and, if I can,would love to use it...but only if it isn't going to cause any issues...I'm guessing I can, but just want to make sure before I get there in...ahhemmm.....40 DAYS!!

Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

well if you can't do that then i'm in trouble! I have mine all stacked together in my disney fund cup. I treat them just like real CC and GCs for other places and I stack those without any problems so I'd think you could stack these. Worse case they have to key in your number.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    well if you can't do that then i'm in trouble! I have mine all stacked together in my disney fund cup. I treat them just like real CC and GCs for other places and I stack those without any problems so I'd think you could stack these. Worse case they have to key in your number.
    http://sunshinerewardsforum.com/show...ht=demagnetize
    Looks like it's hit or miss-more importantly-what is the holder, and can we get SR credit for it?
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I think that you would be ok if you didn't put the strips together. I think that is the key to keep other cards from demagnatizing.
    Sunshine Rewards

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

If I get to Disney and they are demagnetized they can still be used by entering the number right??
    Sunshine Rewards

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
    http://sunshinerewardsforum.com/show...ht=demagnetize
    Looks like it's hit or miss-more importantly-what is the holder, and can we get SR credit for it?
    Yes! Thanks this is the thread I knew was out there...apparently I should just keep my searches to one word!!

I've been keeping all mine together now, but I've only used them through my TA so that was just w/the # on the back. I'm sure they'll be fine, but I just want to make sure.

As far as the holder, to my knowledge you cannot get credit for it...but maybe it's on ebay...let me look...nope. It's a gift card holder from Chipotle! It's tin, it has a sliding top & it can easily hold a few GCs!! Here I found this photo on the web, it's kinda hard to make out but hopefully you'll get the idea... (hope it's ok to post):

I think what I'll do is go get a $5 GC & get the holder to use for Disney!!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

Someone posted a card holder from walmart or amazon a few weeks ago. Leather I believe for their DD to hold her gcs. It was fairly cheap as well.

You know the easiest answer would be to ask Tricia how she gets her GCs from Disney when they come FedEx. I would assume it would be a huge stack not individually wrapped. I would assume if disney stacked them together then you wouldn't have to worry about demagnatization. (sp??)
    Sunshine Rewards

You know the easiest answer would be to ask Tricia how she gets her GCs from Disney when they come FedEx. I would assume it would be a huge stack not individually wrapped. I would assume if disney stacked them together then you wouldn't have to worry about demagnatization. (sp??)
    Good point! Yes, they are BIG stacks of 100 all celophaned together. Then stacks of stacks all wrapped in a white envelope. Then three envelopes all shoved together in a FedEx envelope.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Someone posted a card holder from walmart or amazon a few weeks ago. Leather I believe for their DD to hold her gcs. It was fairly cheap as well.

Here is that thread you are referring to:

http://www.sunshinerewardsforum.com/...ead.php?t=1069

So bottom line then????? Are they safe to stack together? I've been seperating mine (putting disney dollars in between the cards)
    Sunshine Rewards