Thread: Holiday shopping plans?

Default Holiday shopping plans?

So, what are you getting yours for your holiday of choice this year? Let's bounce ideas offf each other.
    Mom-Entertainment book, don't know what else...
    Dniece13-Jewelry (waiting to see if there's anything good at MJB)
    Eldernephew12-gorilla pod and Xshot
    Youngernephew9-carniverous plant and dinosaur plant from think geek. I was debating an iPod shuffle, but his brother got his at age 10, so I may wait.
    Godmother-Jewelry (also waiting any MJB specials)
    Aunt-candles or body products
    cats-new collars-bought on eBay
    cousin-???-he's a dec baby, so probably an itunes gc and soemthing else
    cousin's kids boy9 girl7-I usually to personalized ornaments-I'm hoping Disney shopping has an HSM one.-got an HSm and lighning mcqueen one on Ebay

ETA-I also will get getting soemthing for the brother or DSIL I get in the family draw-I'll get that at Dniece's birthday party in November.
    Last edited by Hedy; 10-31-2008 at 01:37 PM.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Well it is a Wii Christmas for everyone!

Mom - Wii Game, Wii Fit (family gift), probably something small from Sephora or a shirt from Ann taylor loft. I also have her b-day coming up in November.
    Dad - Wii Game, Wii Fit (family gift), I'll probably look for an LSU shirt he can wear and then the usual chocolate cordial cherries and some baseball cards
    Stephen (brother) - Wii Game, Wii Fit (family gift), probably will go to the Under Armor outlet here to find him a shirt or two on sale

Mike - a few Wii Games, tshirt from Disney (TSM shirt with Mr. Potatohead on it), and probably a polo from either Target or AE.

Mike's nieces - not sure. Probably something from the Disney store since they like Hannah and the Jonas brothers. The older one will probably get something from Sephora when they have their sale in November.
    Christopher (our godson) - he is getting plastic Pixar toys from disney and probably another toy or outfit to wear. He also has a birthday around the same time so he'll get his Mickey outfit I bought him last month then. Luckily he is small for his age and I bought a tad big.

All of us are trying to cut back and save where we can so I will be focusing on sales for most of the unboughten stuff and there are lots of "family gifts" this year vs. individual gifts. It is also helping us cut back on "stuff" and having too much stuff around the house.
    Sunshine Rewards

Well I am always a Shop Early kind of girl. But this year it just hasn't happened (normally I am completely done by now). So far I have:
    DD11 (will be 12 in Jan.)-Kodak Digital Camera, Camera Case, Memory Card, lots of Limited Too Clothes, bookshelf, and 2 globe lamps.
    DS14months-Children's Table and Chairs set, toy box, rocker (plastic one he can sit on, kind of looks like a little teeter totter he can do alone) and books.
    My plan for the rest is...
    DD11-new DVD player for the car (figure I can get a great price the day after Thanksgiving).
    DS14months-1 more "big" toy, not sure what though, maybe a ride on car.
    DNiece6-Hannah Montana book set and an outfit.
    DNiece4-Clothes (what her mom says she needs) and a book of some sort.
    DNiece8months-Clothes and a little toy.
    DH-Playstation3
    DAunt-Digital Photo Frame
    I guess that is about all I have planned, I am sure I will find more though.

I am making ispy books for the nieces and nephew. My kids and I have had a lot of fun collecting the little things to put into them.
    So far I have got some things for dd6-Cheetah Girls comforter,sheets and pillow, some American Girl books and some ds games.
    Ds3's birthday is October 28th so I wait until after his birthday to see what he still wants or needs.
    I bought dh the new Indiana Jones at Circuit City.
    I usually have lots more done by now too but haven't done much yet.
    I would like to make things for my siblings and my inlaws but am not sure what yet. I am also thinking I will get inlaws some wine.
    Both of my kids want skateboards so I have been keeping an eye out for those to be on sale. DD6 wants the Hannah Montana one and ds3 doesn't care but I like the spiderman one at Target.
    DD6 also wants Jon and Kate plus 8 season dvds. I am waiting to see if Deep Discount does their 20% off sale.
    We were going to get a Wii but after talking the other night, dh thinks we are too busy and that we should wait until the kids are a little older. I had bought dh Guitar Hero for the Wii but may need to return it or do something else with it.
    Sunshine Rewards

O.K here it goes.

My Family:
    DD'S 10 & 9= Clothes, earrings, books, ornament, and the new I-pod
    Dh= Packer tickets (he already used)
    Mom= Vera Bradly purse, not sure what else
    DSis= Vera Bradley purse
    DNi9= Makeup case, filled with makeup
    DNe18= MONEY
    DNe11= Best Buy gift card
    DNe2= Traveling activity case (they are always on the go)
    DstepNe8= Packer shirt
    DD(NOT BORN YET) Cubs winter hat.
    DSIL= not sure yet.

Thankfully we draw adult names in my family, otherwise I'd have 5 more people to buy for.

Husbands Family:

MIL#1= Piece to her christmas village
    FIL#2= Packer ticket (already used)
    SIL23= Wants money, because she's 23 and only works 12hrs a week, and lives in my MIL'S basement.
    SIL/BIL= Just bought house, so they want gc to a home improvement store.
    FIL#2= Battery charger for his boat
    MIl#2= Vera Bradley photo album
    STEPSIL/BIL= Movie bucket, popcorn candy, gc, ect.
    StepbIL=NO CLUE YET
    SDNI4MONTH= TOY
    SDNE1= SOFT CARS
    DHcousin4= LITTEST PETS
    DHcousin3= pretend tools

DHGRANDMA=Calender with pictures of her grandkids and everyone birthday and other events listed.

O.k I think that's it.

So much fun. My favorite time of the year!

I haven't a clue as to what I'm buying anyone.

I've already told my older children that I'm not buying them anything. They are getting gift cards.

Hurricane Ike has delayed my shopping as I normally start shopping on October 1st!!

Hopefully, I'll get started soon.
    Sunshine Rewards

kimntrent is offline How fun this was. I loved it. Can we do it again some time?

Good thing you are delayed cuz once you get going there is no chance on the big board. LOL!