Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disney

Default Disney

Has anyone ever booked a disney cruise via the disneyshopping.com website? I'm wondering if there are any sunshine credits available for purchasing a disney cruise. I need to go through the disney website in order to have the 50% off deposit promo.

TIA!!

To the best of my knowledge, you can't get SR credit for booking a cruise. There may have been a way in the past when you used to get SR credit for Disney gift cards (which you could have applied to the cruise) but that isn't available anymore. You could get disney gift cards on ebay if you were trusting enough and get some credit that way.

Something to keep in mind...you can book yourself online and then transfer the ressie to a TA who may offer shipboard credit or other perk. There are many mentioned on the DIS...AAA, Dreams Unlimited, Costco, etc. Just shop around. it may also be to your benefit to book directly with an agent for a discount.

HTH.
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Don't places like Travelocity and such do cruise bookings? I wonder if they have DCL on there because I have seen disney world resorts on there. Maybe check that route. They are all SR merchants.
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Ooh Orbitz has DCL on their site. Not sure how the prices stack up against Disney but you get $12.50 per cruise booked back through SR.
    Sunshine Rewards

I am actually booking a cruise for my sis-in-law, we are already booked, she wanted to take advantage of the 50% off the deposit promotion they are running, per my understanding it is only if you book online.

Hi Fourfoxesinpa, I thought I saw your name over on the dis cruise boards, I spent a good part of yesterday over there! I had a "dummy" cruise that I was hoping to move over to one of the 2010 cruises, but the prices for the dates I could go were over our budget... I was very disappointed

Last night I ended up transferring to a 3night Sept 09 cruise because I saw all the SPHs open! I'm thinking of transferring the ressie over to a TA, I see DU has some good sbc offers. It'll be a little odd dealing with someone only via email.

how does this transfer over to a ta work?

i booked online yesterday to get the 50% desposit but i don't get obc. would love to swap my ressies over and get obc. but i don't want to pay more money.

so could you tell me how this works. thanks.
    all star movies for 10! jun 15-21. what a nightmare of a vacation.

Well, this is the first time I'm doing it, I didnt even know you could do something like this until I read it on disboards. My understanding is, you can shop around with different travel agents, see what type of shipboard credits are being offered. Once you find one with a good offer you let them know that you have an existing reservation, I believe you fill out a form to have the reservation officially transferred. Dreams Unlimited is currently offer double shipboard credit for next year cruises. So a 3night would be $50 vs $25. Someone else might have better details!

Hopefully everything I've written above is within SR forum rules!! If not, sorry and please feel free to edit!

Yes, you can transfer your booking to a TA who may or may not offer you an incentive. You will not pay for their service and your cruise won't cost you more - in rare cases it could cost you less. Big threads over on the DIS on specifics. I transferred our last 3 cruises to TAs to get addl shipboard credit, two times with AAA and the last with DU. I think switching got me $75 with AAA and $50 w/DU. We're not costco members but some say you can get good incentives w/them. I'm totally comfy with DU - after listening to the podcast and knowing that the Disboards are their "baby," they know their Disney vacations.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesdare View Post
    how does this transfer over to a ta work?

i booked online yesterday to get the 50% desposit but i don't get obc. would love to swap my ressies over and get obc. but i don't want to pay more money.

so could you tell me how this works. thanks.

Actually, since you booked online, you're due $25 onboard credit. Check out DCL site and print info so you can show onboard if it doesn't register in your account when you board.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by DisGal71 View Post
    I am actually booking a cruise for my sis-in-law, we are already booked, she wanted to take advantage of the 50% off the deposit promotion they are running, per my understanding it is only if you book online.

Hi Fourfoxesinpa, I thought I saw your name over on the dis cruise boards, I spent a good part of yesterday over there! I had a "dummy" cruise that I was hoping to move over to one of the 2010 cruises, but the prices for the dates I could go were over our budget... I was very disappointed

Last night I ended up transferring to a 3night Sept 09 cruise because I saw all the SPHs open! I'm thinking of transferring the ressie over to a TA, I see DU has some good sbc offers. It'll be a little odd dealing with someone only via email.
    One more thing, I don't think you have to book online to get the reduced deposit amount. However you book, the amount needed to secure your cabin will be the same. And, I'm sure you know, it's not a 1/2 price discount - you'll pay the other half when your cruise comes due. It only reduces the amount you pay up front but is not a "discount" if that makes sense.
    Sunshine Rewards