Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Picture.com

Default Picture.com

Ok, so I did the offer and submited a picture and got the credit. Today I go get my mail and there is a letter from picture.com that my picture has been selected to be part of a book. The book's working title is Endless JOurneys and I am in no obligation to buy a copy to have my picture in the book but if I want to buy the book it is $69.95.

Have anyone gotten one a letter like this?

Also, I am semi finalist for the Fall 2007 contest
    Last edited by Preciouscn; 07-27-2007 at 01:57 PM.
    Sunshine Rewards

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

we all have LOL
    Sunshine Rewards

Yup, I got the same letter! I'm guessing they have a TON of "semi-finalists"...it's almost like saying I'm a "semi-finalist" for the Prize Patrol!!
    Lori

Sunshine Rewards 8x Super Member

Yeppers, everybody wins and gets email and letters...I tried to let everyone know that would happen when picture.com first was offered here... It goes on for AGES, too... At some point they'll let you know of their big show in Vegas, and do you want THAT book too...etc etc etc...
    Sunshine Rewards

How funny. They do the same thing to teenagers around here for awards like "Who's Who Among American High School Students."
    *~Kimberly~*

Sunshine Rewards

Daughters, Son-In-Law, and Grandson = An Amazing Disney Experience!

That's exactly what it reminded me of. I remember those letters way back when I graduated HS, and some of my AP-class-taking friends bought them, thinking it actually meant something...my mom and I thought they were nutty for paying someone to print their name in a book! Alas I never did ask them to compare the books...see if MY name was in their book (you know, since I got the offer to buy the book my name was printed in), or if it truly was something where you got your name in it only if you bought it.
    Sunshine Rewards

Unhappy Picture.com

Yes, I got the same letter. And here I actually thought I had really won. Everyone must get the same letter. Guess that is how they make their money by selling their quarterly hardback books. Sigh....I never win anything and so this proves it.

That letter really made me believe my photo had been chosen. How many others have received this letter after submitting your photo??

It will be interesting to see how many received this letter.
    Sunshine Rewards

I got one too!! I was one of the believers too but came here and saw that everyone else got one too and new it was just a ploy to get money!!!

Chrissy
    Sunshine Rewards

The reason why I knew instantly that it was bogus is because although the picture I submitted looked cute on my dark monitor, when I saw it printed, I realized that my husband was half-naked in the background! He was walking from the bathroom without his shirt on (and, sorry DH, he doesn't have abs of steel in any way, shape, or form) and was in the background just enough to be seen.

I knew there was NO WAY that picture could have won anything, even though DS was absolutely adoreable in the foreground, so I never thought Id' truly "won" for a second.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by mollyeilis View Post
    The reason why I knew instantly that it was bogus is because although the picture I submitted looked cute on my dark monitor, when I saw it printed, I realized that my husband was half-naked in the background! He was walking from the bathroom without his shirt on (and, sorry DH, he doesn't have abs of steel in any way, shape, or form) and was in the background just enough to be seen.

I knew there was NO WAY that picture could have won anything, even though DS was absolutely adoreable in the foreground, so I never thought Id' truly "won" for a second.
    HAAAAAAAAA!!!! That is just about one of the funniest things that I have ever heard.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs