Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Picture.com

That kitten picture is too cute! Yeah, everyone who submits a photo gets a letter. And even though they say you have "no obligation" to buy, once you submit your information they will send you more & more crap pressuring you to buy, and before you know if there IS an obligation to buy if you want your photo printed. It's exactly the same as the National Library of Poetry, which is now poetry.com.

I got one of those Who's Who letters a couple years ago, it was Who's Who of Women in Business and it kept referring to my amazing accomplishments and great industry-wide success... I'm a receptionist! Seriously, a six-year-old could do this job.

I keep getting more emails from the photo "contest" too telling me I'm a semifinalist, and then a finalist. If you notice, they never tell you a publication date of the book and if you think of it, have you ever seen one of their books (or the poetry ones) in a bookstore or library? Nobody else buys these books - IF they even exist - other than the people who are scammed into them!

Quote Originally Posted by lyzziesmom View Post
    I got one of those Who's Who letters a couple years ago, it was Who's Who of Women in Business and it kept referring to my amazing accomplishments and great industry-wide success... I'm a receptionist! Seriously, a six-year-old could do this job.
    You crack me up. That said, I filled in for my old company's receptionist a few times, and it's HARD! Don't sell yourself short, not everyone can do it. And take it from one...a BAD receptionist can really mess up an office!
    Sunshine Rewards

I just got a letter in the mail today asking me if i wanted to buy my copy lol

this was my entry

Grass by Bryan Spencer
    Category: Nature
    Copyright©2007

I have not paid 10cents to get this printed on a 4x6, but i should buy a book that will not be printed untill winter 2008 15 months away for 69.99 +9S&H and extra $25 if i want it in a specail edition too!

-NOn DisBoards
    Next WDW: POP 09.04-14.08 & Free Dining
    Past WDW: 04.01, ASMO 07.05, 09.05, 09.06, 09.07.

Bryan I love your picture!!
    I want to have a big version of that picture framed and hung in my house

and to think I actually wasted time trying to pick out a "good" picture when I could have sent one of my thumb.
    Faith
    Faith
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Proud to be SR member #3129

Quote Originally Posted by faithhope View Post
    Bryan I love your picture!!
    I want to have a big version of that picture framed and hung in my house

and to think I actually wasted time trying to pick out a "good" picture when I could have sent one of my thumb.
    Faith

Yeah, I have no idea why i took this shoot or why i still had it but i thought it was creative and artist So i entered it! i did get that free thumbnail print! So i guess now i have a printed copy! LOL

So what did you enter?
    -NOn DisBoards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I got that letter a while ago and I sent in the thing telling them they could print my photo but I'm not buying the book. Then I got the Vegas convention letter and knew what was up. I will say I do have all 4 of my Who's Who from HS. My mom was definetly a sucker for that letter.

I need to find my winning pic and share with all of you other winners on here.
    Sunshine Rewards

Bryan, that is stunning. Definitely an award winner.

(actually if it were in a series, it would be really cool)
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    I got that letter a while ago and I sent in the thing telling them they could print my photo but I'm not buying the book. Then I got the Vegas convention letter and knew what was up. I will say I do have all 4 of my Who's Who from HS. My mom was definetly a sucker for that letter.

I need to find my winning pic and share with all of you other winners on here.
    If you go to picture.com can can search by the first and last name you gave them! should not be to hard unless your name is Tom Smith!

Quote Originally Posted by mollyeilis View Post
    Bryan, that is stunning. Definitely an award winner.

(actually if it were in a series, it would be really cool)
    You want a series, hum what to call it Bad Lawns 101 The Photo Guide!
    -NOn DisBoards

OH my gosh, they still have the "half-nekky-hubby-in-background" picture up that I submitted long before SR, when I entered through snapfish...

Oh, and it would be a sort of cool, "watch the grass grow" sort of series.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by mollyeilis View Post
    OH my gosh, they still have the "half-nekky-hubby-in-background" picture up that I submitted long before SR, when I entered through snapfish...

Oh, and it would be a sort of cool, "watch the grass grow" sort of series.

Do you have img or linky for your strange entry

"How your grass grows vol. 1 the death of grass"
    -NOn DisBoards