Thread: Embroidery Machines...Help

Default Embroidery Machines...Help

I am looking at getting myself an embroidery machine and have no idea where to start...HELP. I know many of you ladies are quite crafty and hope someone can help me. I was looking at one of the Brother ones that is a sewing machine and embroidery machine...does anyone have one? What do you think of it? If not, what machine do you have and what are the pros/cons of it?

TIA!!!!

disneyforever is offline Ok, I have finally arrived here... now we can start the party!

bumping this up

I have been looking for a good (but not too expensive) embroidery machine too. Anyone have any helpful knowledge on one?
    Elaine

I don't have any knowledge, but I'm interested as well. I would love to be able to personalize my own stuff. If knowing how to sew is a requirement then I guess I better pass. I've been looking at them but there is never enough info listed.
    Sunshine Rewards

I wish I could help you guys, but while I sew, all I have is a regular sewing machine. Mine's a Jem Gold and is several years old, but no embroidery features.
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

Sunshine Rewards

I have the Brother Disney edition. I would NEVER buy that one again! It had awful reviews but being the huge Disney fan that I am I had to have it ayway. Stupid me!! It worked for like a week now I can't even use it to sew! I'm out $400! It costs $150 just to service it plus what ever repairs they need to make. I am saving up for a new one but I'm not sure what I'm going to go with. A good one goes for about a grand! I'd have to sell a lot of items to get that much extra cash!

Good Luck!
    Jaime

Sunshine Rewards

Just to let you know...HSN has a Singer sewing/embroidery machine as Today's Special Value for $799.95 (with 3% cash back and 6 easy pays).

http://www.hsn.com/todays-special_xh.aspx

Too bad my DH just let me get my Dyson...no machine for me.

kimntrent is offline How fun this was. I loved it. Can we do it again some time?

We have a high end brothers Disney Edition and love it. The ones you get at Walmart are not great. They just don't provide enough room. But Brothers is great. They actually use a commercial version of our machine at Disney parks to embroider on. Look at the stuff we do on our website. That all comes from our Brothers machine. Ours was over $2000 though. But we have well made that back.