Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Disney Gift Card Specials

I'm not so sure that its very smart on their part. Think about it, how many people buy a GC for 50.00, and then use it down to maybe $2.00 or so, and then don't finish using that small amount. Probably thousands if not millions of dollars a year are put straight into Disneys pockets because of this. How many people lose or forget they even have an entire gift card and they aren't used at all. Disney should work with anyone who is willing to buy their cards, just for pure economics for them. Liability, oh please. They have Mission Space that kills people, I don't think selling cards in bulk to a loyalty site constitutes any type of liability hazard.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

Wow! How ironic! I almost cashed out about 30 minutes ago and then decided to wait a bit longer...
    I am honestly just happy to have this site to earn money for Disney. I have made over $800 since finding this site in late January...that is money that I would not have for our December trip without SR. I am greatful just to be a part of SR...I can live without the SM discount. Thanks for all you do!!!
    Deana
    Sunshine Rewards

I am not sure if you can answer this Tricia... not sure if you can predict a timeframe for us. Will the time to recieve cards still be about the same? I was planning on cashing out for another $100 or so for our Dec 5 trip and do not know what the latest date is for me to still be "safe". Will the cards still come from SR or will they now come directly from Disney?

P.S. Sorry you have to go through this. I can imagine it is frustrating for you...
    Deana
    Sunshine Rewards

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    Correct. There will be no Super Member special rates anymore or any special cashouts coming up. The regular cashout rates are still available. If you already cashed out at a special rate, you are in luck.
    Ahhh I understand now!
    Sunshine Rewards

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by deana View Post
    Wow! How ironic! I almost cashed out about 30 minutes ago and then decided to wait a bit longer...
    I am honestly just happy to have this site to earn money for Disney. I have made over $800 since finding this site in late January...that is money that I would not have for our December trip without SR. I am greatful just to be a part of SR...I can live without the SM discount. Thanks for all you do!!!
    I totally agree! While the discount was nice I figure well I can just cash out and go by my own! (Until I realized what Tricia was talking about)

I have to agree with you Cindy, their really feeling the pinch and trying to look at it from all ends, but come on, gc's?? How about lowering your rates a little instead of raising ticket prices. I mean they really must be feeling it to offer free dining in Oct and Nov!
    Sunshine Rewards

As much as I love Disney, their really starting to tick me off. Anyways thanks for everything you do for us Tricia.

Tricia

Sorry that you got this news......great that you have grown so much that they are taking notice, but come on! It is crazy that they are going to now pay shipping/printing...they would have made out better if you got the SR rate and you had to pay for shipping/printing.

You have always look out for our best interest and this does not deter me from using SR. Getting the SR rate was a nice little perk, but by losing it I won't change how I feel about all you do for us!!

Oh well just another speed bump in this nasty economic time!!
    Pamela

Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    I am sad to announce that we may no longer be able to order our Disney Gift Cards in bulk. I just got a call from Disney saying that they are not going to be doing any more bulk sales to rewards sites. I'm very sad by this because the end result is that a lot of Disney fans will miss out.

We can continue to order gift cards through the Disney Shopping site. However, we are temporarily on hold from doing any bulk orders. They are working through some legal issues, but I am not optimisitic. The reality is that we finally got big enough that they started to notice us.

I wish that it didn't have to be this way, but I am guessing that Disney is dealing with some economic decisions of its own and is making some hard choices.
    Thanks Tricia! IMO, its not great news but not bad either, it just means we need to get a few more surveys in to reach the amounts we want. Bad news would be not being able to get Disney Cards at all.

I can't thank you and Sunside Rewards enough, my kids wouldnt be getting a vacation at all this year if it weren't for you.
    Sunshine Rewards

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

It's a shame, but it's not going to stop me from earning $$$ from SR! The disct was an added bonus. Thanks for letting us know Tricia!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

At first reading this I thought we wouldn't be able to cash out for Disney GC at all anymore....the SM discount perk was nice but if you look at it as money that you are getting for "free" anyway, than it's not really that bad of news! Just looking at the bright side if things....at least they aren't discontinuing GC altogether, which I thought was the case at first. You never know what they are going to do next...bottom line is that Disney is all about the money, some bigwig must think that they can save a ton of money somehow, who knows??? Don't worry about it Tricia, we SR's all understand and are grateful for SR to even exist and all that you do for us!
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES