Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Disney Gift Card Specials

You know Disney got more money out of us because of SR disney gift cards.
    I haven't gotten that far in my TR, but on the last day of our vacation, we still had hundreds in gift cards and went and spent them all at DTD. If it wasn't for the giftcards I wouldn't have spent any extra of that money. Without the SM bonus I will just use paypal, they dish gift cards were fun while they lasted, but cash works just fine for me too.

So is Disney doing away with their bulk discount, or only their bulk discount to reward sites? It seems odd they would target one group, but I don't understand a lot of things Disney is doing here lately. I should have realized you got a discount on the giftcards, but it never occurred to me, I just thought it was something nice you did on your own.

Quote Originally Posted by mirandag819 View Post
    You know Disney got more money out of us because of SR disney gift cards.
    I haven't gotten that far in my TR, but on the last day of our vacation, we still had hundreds in gift cards and went and spent them all at DTD. If it wasn't for the giftcards I wouldn't have spent any extra of that money. Without the SM bonus I will just use paypal, they dish gift cards were fun while they lasted, but cash works just fine for me too.

So is Disney doing away with their bulk discount, or only their bulk discount to reward sites? It seems odd they would target one group, but I don't understand a lot of things Disney is doing here lately. I should have realized you got a discount on the giftcards, but it never occurred to me, I just thought it was something nice you did on your own.

We did the same thing! We did not have hundreds left but nearly one hundred left. We went on a shopping spreewith what we had left and that was after we had eaten our fill at Disney and even purchased some ride photos that I never would have bought if I been paying cash.
    Sammielynn
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by mirandag819 View Post
    It seems maybe it is just for rewards site. We were getting some discount and giving some on our own. Before this month, we were getting less discount than we were giving the Super Members and on the big cashouts. As of this month, we tried to get it closer so that we would be losing less on the SM cashouts.

I am still reeling and can't figure out what exactly it is all about. It may even be an internal thing between the sales department and the corporate sales department.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by wilsonfamily4 View Post
    Hey you solved a dilema for me. I wasn't sure if I wanted to cash out for disney GC knowing I could get a few more dollars that way or cash out through paypal. Now I will just use paypal. Really doesn't bug me at all. there are so many different ways to cash out that I think we can survive.
    Same with me, actually. I don't have a Disney trip planned , but it seemed silly to not take advantage of the SM discount since we will go back in a few years. I was toying with the idea of getting other gift cards to do some Christmas shopping, so I think I will go that way.

Too bad about the discounts, but we all still love earning SR money and soaking up the sunshine!

ligrumpygirl is offline Ahhhh...so you only like me for my Moose Munch??

I am pretty sure I talk for most of us when I say we are not going anywhere! I came here to make Disney money...and I have done that many times over with help from those specials. But I have also made friends and that is the greatest part!!

What did I do before these forums?? Oh that's right....did my lesson plans at home...folded laundry...made dinners. UGH - off to shop and do a survey!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by ligrumpygirl View Post
    I am pretty sure I talk for most of us when I say we are not going anywhere! I came here to make Disney money...and I have done that many times over with help from those specials. But I have also made friends and that is the greatest part!!

What did I do before these forums?? Oh that's right....did my lesson plans at home...folded laundry...made dinners. UGH - off to shop and do a survey!

I agree!!! It is still money whether we get the discount or not!! SO thanks SR for giving us this oppurtunity.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Alice28 View Post
    No big whoop- I still SO APPRECIATE being able to cash out for Disney cards at all!!! If that totally went away, then yes, I would be super sad. But fair is fair and I still love Sunshine Rewards!!!!!
    Ditto.

Quote Originally Posted by ligrumpygirl View Post
    Ditto!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinecindy View Post
    I'm not so sure that its very smart on their part. Think about it, how many people buy a GC for 50.00, and then use it down to maybe $2.00 or so, and then don't finish using that small amount. Probably thousands if not millions of dollars a year are put straight into Disneys pockets because of this. How many people lose or forget they even have an entire gift card and they aren't used at all. Disney should work with anyone who is willing to buy their cards, just for pure economics for them. Liability, oh please. They have Mission Space that kills people, I don't think selling cards in bulk to a loyalty site constitutes any type of liability hazard.

On top of that, they are getting how much all at once, a big lump sum, and then not having to give anything out in return for how long? For the few who time cashouts so close they leave just after getting the mail, there's not long, but how many cash out a month, 2 months, 6 months ahead of time? So they get that money and it can just sit there, earning interest, before having to give anything for it.

On the other hand, the one thing that flitted across my brain was wondering if there was fraud with some other site. So everyone is getting punished b/c of some dingleberry out there doing bad things.

And the other wonder was if they just don't understand what the sites are all about.

Ultimately it's not that big a deal to me as an individual, but it sure feels rude of them!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Alice28 View Post
    No big whoop- I still SO APPRECIATE being able to cash out for Disney cards at all!!! If that totally went away, then yes, I would be super sad. But fair is fair and I still love Sunshine Rewards!!!!!

ditto here as well. thanks for all your hard work, tricia.