Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Signature Error: Too many lines

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Default Signature Error: Too many lines

I can't post my banner? It says that I have too many lines? Anyone out there able to help me?
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

I wonder how many lines it is? I'm thinking from what I have seen that somewhere there is a default set that limits the signatures to 5 lines. But I'm not quite sure yet what defines a "line."
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Yes, it says that I can only have 5 lines...but what's weird is that before I hit 25 posts I put the link from SR referrals & it was just text. But then I hit 25 & nothing changed, so I figured I should put in the link again, so I did, but now I get the error. I didn't change anything else. I had the photo & my line & the text link did show, but now I can't get anything else in my siggie.

I just made a little change. See if that helps.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

I had that problem yesterday when adding my ticker. I think it said no more than 5 or 6 lines. I was able to delete a couple of characters and combine 2 lines and it worked...but I wondered about it too!
    Sunshine Rewards

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

I keep trying to change mine a little..this morning I see that it is now allows 6 lines. It still won't let me change the wording and I'm not using more lines than I already have now I would like to change the wording above my BCV banner to read "Spending my Rewards Here" and I tried changing my "love smilie" under my name to the new "sunshine" smilie and it wouldn't even let me do that? If someone can do the changes for me, it would be greatly appreciated! I love all the new smilies that were added!
    Last edited by PSL1013; 05-08-2007 at 09:20 AM.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    I just made a little change. See if that helps.
    No, it's still not working. It actually says that I can't have more than 6 lines. I deleted all the spaces in between my ticker, my photo & then my banner & it still didn't work. I don't understand as I've seen some pretty long siggies???

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Quote Originally Posted by Magical JenK View Post
    No, it's still not working. It actually says that I can't have more than 6 lines. I deleted all the spaces in between my ticker, my photo & then my banner & it still didn't work. I don't understand as I've seen some pretty long siggies???
    I did the same thing, deleted all spaces between and even eliminated my name and smilie and then did a preview of what was left....nope, says can't have more than 6 lines? If I do a preview of what I already have in my signature...says too long?? How could that be...it's already there?
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

Quote Originally Posted by Magical JenK View Post
    Yes, it says that I can only have 5 lines...but what's weird is that before I hit 25 posts I put the link from SR referrals & it was just text. But then I hit 25 & nothing changed, so I figured I should put in the link again, so I did, but now I get the error. I didn't change anything else. I had the photo & my line & the text link did show, but now I can't get anything else in my siggie.
    I am having the same problem. 5 line limit. I have my banner and name and that is it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by PSL1013 View Post
    I did the same thing, deleted all spaces between and even eliminated my name and smilie and then did a preview of what was left....nope, says can't have more than 6 lines? If I do a preview of what I already have in my signature...says too long?? How could that be...it's already there?
    Pam--It looks like you managed to get your 6 lines somehow.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs