Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need advice from fellow Disney addicts

Default I've GOT IT! Pic on Page 4

OK, I can't get a straight answer out of my DH so I thought I would come and ask all of my DIsney buddies what they think about this idea. I have decided that I am finally going to take the plunge and get a tattoo. I have always wanted one and I figure it is now or never. I thought about getting one relating to my kids but I figured they would think it was too creepy for Mom to have their names tattooed on her when they get older So I had to keep thinking about what else I would want to get. And then it hit me! Something related to I originally was thinking of getting Tinkerbell but I don't want something too big and to really show much detail she would have to be larger than I really want. So then I decided on something with Mickey. I finally found the design that I think I am going to go with. Here it is...

It is the blue Mickey head painted in the center. I'm not sure what colors I will go with but I'm think of styaing the the blue range. I want to get it on my back aout an inch below my neck. I was thinking of it being about 1.5 - 2 inches big.

So what do you think (other than I am completely out of my mind to be getting a tattoo at 34 )

Any comments or other ideas are certainly welcome!
    Last edited by llgray16; 08-16-2007 at 01:19 PM.
    Lynn
    Sunshine Rewards

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Ok, just so you know, you can never be too old to get a tattoo!! I may be biased as I have 5 & my 6th already planned (just not done yet)! And guess what?! It's going to be a Mickey head too! I LOVE your design! I think it's great!! I got #5 almost in the same spot as you're getting yours (mines lower) & I love it there!

DH & I said we'd both get Mickey's for the next tattoo & we said they'd be "hidden mickeys" & not tell each other where they are (oh that's sounds bad doesn't it...I promise it's PG) but guess what?! We both picked the same spot! (On our sides about 6 inches below the arm pit!)

So I think it's great! For sure bring your photo in w/you when you meet w/your tattoo artist. Some require an appointment before so they can draw it up & then another appointment to get it! What does DH think? Does he have any?

Be forwarned though....they can be addicting!! Hence #6-to-be!!

Keep us posted! I'd love to see how it turns out on you!!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

I got my first tattoo when I was 34. (Okay, I'm still 34 and got it just this past January.) Jen is right, it's never too late and once you get that first one you're going to want more!

I have my second one planned but just haven't had the time to get it done. Once my boys get back in school I plan on having it done.

I love the colors and design you've picked out, I hope you post a pic once you've gotten it done!

Thanks for the support guys! What do you think would be good colors for it? Obviously the white will have to be a different color.
    Lynn
    Sunshine Rewards

They usually outline in black & then fill in the color that you want. So keep that in mind. Recently I've become very partial to only black, no color. So maybe you could do black & blue? They can do white, but it fades fast. Be sure to put sunscreen on it & that will keep it's color longer too.

I've found that all black hurts a little more than those w/color. But honestly, I find it much more annoying than painful...although, I'm not going to lie, my last one was the most painful. But that pain goes away & you're not getting a HUGE one (DH has one that he's had to sit 7 times & he has one more sitting left!!). But I kinda describe it like a never ending cat scratch. Painful? Sure, but not too horrible....

Ooooh all this talk on tattoos has really gotten me itching for my next!! Can't wait! Maybe when we get back from Disney!!

I knew about the balck outline thing but I was hoping maybe they could outline in dark blue instead. I think I'll consult with an artist or two and see what they think.
    Lynn
    Sunshine Rewards

Very exciting!! When do you think you'll get it done??? I can't wait to see it!

Quote Originally Posted by Magical JenK View Post
    Very exciting!! When do you think you'll get it done??? I can't wait to see it!
    I'm getting really antsy about doing it and I really want to have it done before we gone down to WDW in Sept! I'm thinking about having done next weekend!!! I'll post pics when I get it done (after it heals a bit )
    Lynn
    Sunshine Rewards

I think black and a really vibrant blue-ish purple would be cool. Almost along the lines of the colors that are in the Mickey head already.

My tattoo is all black, the artist that did it for me said he was going to do it in black first, then go over it in a really dark blue (I'm thinking like India ink) so it would be vivid but once he got started he said my skin just soaked up the black ink and there was no need to go over it again.

My next one will be black as well, I like the overall look of black tattoos so I'll probably stick with it.

Jen, are you gonna show us your tattoos?!

Quote Originally Posted by Kittykat View Post
    Jen, are you gonna show us your tattoos?!
    Ha! I'll show mine if you show yours!! Since they're not Disney related yet I guess that will have to be another thread!! Wouldn't that be fun?! "Post your tattoos Sunshiners!!" I don't have any photos of them really now that I think about it....guess I'll have to get on that!

In the meantime I can just list them (in chronlogical order of course!!)....
    -Outline of heart w/leaves on it on the front of my hip. I really should get this one redone as the colors have really faded.
    -Dolphin on the inside of my ankle
    -Cross on the small of my back (DH & I both have this tattoo)
    -Symbol on my wrist
    -DH's badge # on my upper back/lower neck

What about you Kitty? What does yours look like & what is your next one going to be?