Thread: Login question

Default Login question

Does anyone else have to relogin seemingly constantly (like once every 2 days) when its supposed to remember you until you delete cookies??

also, when i login on my laptop, my desktop no longer remembers me, and vice versa. anything i can do about this? Or, at least any way to have it remember my email address?

just wondering, i hate typing my info constantly. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Claiken View Post
    Does anyone else have to relogin seemingly constantly (like once every 2 days) when its supposed to remember you until you delete cookies??

also, when i login on my laptop, my desktop no longer remembers me, and vice versa. anything i can do about this? Or, at least any way to have it remember my email address?

just wondering, i hate typing my info constantly. lol
    When you log into them are you using different browsers. When I log in under Google Chrome, it knocks me off any computer I have logged in under IE. Also, I know that SR is set to log out after so many hrs, not sure, but I think 100, are you leaving your computer on all the time with SR up.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

I leave my laptop up all day, usually it's set to hibernate after so many mins of inactivity. I also leave SR forum and SR main page open all day. I do have to log back in when I clear cookies every morning (or more when I'm doing more freebie offers) but my Vista/Norton let me save my email addy so I only have to type the first letter and it brings it up for me. I don't like doing that for anything else especially bank stuff etc but there are certain sites like SR main page that I do have it set for. Note: I don't do it for offers on SR, survey's, or shopping just my main SR login page. I think I remember it's not allowed/recommended for those things. I just don't do it bc I don't like having certain data "saved" out there.
    Sunshine Rewards

I use IE7 on both computers. i also never leave the site up when im not using it. wehn i do, it makes sense that it would time out though.

the only other possible thing i can think of is if my program is catching SR as a tracking cookie (spyware) and deleting it.

We definitely should not be characterized as spyware. However, in order to log into ANY site on the internet and have it recognize you when you come back, your computer has to accept a cookie from that site. Otherwise, we would not have any way of knowing that it is you.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by Claiken View Post
    I use IE7 on both computers. i also never leave the site up when im not using it. wehn i do, it makes sense that it would time out though.

the only other possible thing i can think of is if my program is catching SR as a tracking cookie (spyware) and deleting it.
    I use IE7 and mine never times out unless I clear cookies. Check your virus software or your cookie settings.
    Sunshine Rewards

what do you guys have your cookies settings at? cuz i swear its like logging in on one computer automatically logs the other one out. even if one is off at the time!! but, if i dont use my laptop, and only desktop, i can stay logged in for days...... its quite confusing.

My computer logs me out after about 24 hours. I thought it did this for everyone....curious.
    Sunshine Rewards

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

I don't usually have to log in to the site unless I have cleared my cookies. The forum is a different story. I often have to login again within the same session. It wasn't like this on my old desktop. I could leave SR up all day long and it wouldn't time out. Since I have been on my laptop it times out pretty quickly. I know it is something on my settings but I just haven't found it yet. I would bet that your issue is with your settings also since most people can sign in and it doesn't time out. HTH some!
    Sunshine Rewards