Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hanging Tough in San Antonio

I love this report Cate. Thanks for sharing the pics. It looks like you had fun. I can't wait to hear about he concert.

Are you done eating yer?
    Marilyn

Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Thanks Marilyn. I just got back in so I'll try and type another installment.
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

This must have been the girl right in front of me who was illegally taping the concert.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVqWv2HyB74
    Sunshine Rewards

Sorry I started YouTubing San Antonio + NKOTB and got caught up in vidoes from the concert. I'll continue in the morning
    Sunshine Rewards

Lovin' your report!!

I have that same shirt Yes, I still have it in my keepsake box, I just can't bear to throw it out, how pathetic is that?

At least I finally threw out all my posters a few years ago!!

I was strictly a Joey Joe girl so I can't wait to hear how he looks now!
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

Ok so I left off with Mikki and I arriving at the AT&T Center in San Antonio - home of the Spurs!! - and waiting in line with other NKOTB fans. We waited for what seems like forever - ok more like 10 minutes before the doors opened and we were able to get into the arena. We passed a merchandise stand and decided to go have a look for old times sake. Lots of tshirts, posters, cds, and BUTTONS!!! Yes the 6 inch buttons we all had are back. They have new ones and then a vintage group one. I went with a new one since I had on a vintage shirt and my friend went with an old one since she didn't have anything vintage.

The vintage button

The new button

One note about the merchandise stand if you go to their concert - go there first. The line never died and it took forever. I swear I think they hired the people who sold the merchandise 17 years ago to work these booths. But the main problem was that they were allowing people to try shirts on there and it was holding up the line because the shirts are babydoll style (aka fitted) for the most part. Poor marketing thought there because most of their fans have had at least one kid and has developed boobs.

So after we got our buttons we decided to head back towards where we came from to grab margaritas. There was only one booth there that sold them. They were ok but very sweet. I should have gotten beer but we were going to go out afterwards so I wanted to stick with liquor.

So soon after we sat down the first opening act began (they only opened the stadium up one hour before). She is some new singer from Jamaica who has her first cd coming out next year. I think she goes by TC or something. They didn't introduce her. I think she was more of a treat for the men that got drug in there because her songs were so so but she was wearing a corset and very short skirt (you could see cheeks hanging out). So not too impressed with her. She only did about 4 songs before she left.

Next up was Natasha Bettingfield. I had no idea who she was but my friend was semi-excited. She knows music much more than I do and knew a few of her songs. I later realized that I knew the songs once she started singing. She put on a good show and was dressed appropriately. I will probably hit up Target and buy her cd. I wasn't able to get any really good photos of her because I hadn't turned on the digital zoom on Mike's camera yet. So she looks like an ant in all the photos I have of her.

After Natasha finished we had a 30 minute wait before our guys would show up. We were starting to get excited and were ready for some old school NKOTB songs. Hopefully they will sing some of them and not do a short melody to get them addressed and out the way.
    Sunshine Rewards

Next thing we know the lights are out, the curtain falls, and we are met with a video. Please see opening video here-> Opening Video, Single, and Favorite Girl

She missed the very beginning of it which flashed up "15 years ago" shot of NKOTB "they walked away" another shot and then the rest is on here.

We quickly see that they can still sing, can still dance, and boy Jordan can still hit those notes. Joey on the other hand has hit puberty and can't sing Please Don't Go Girl the same way but this version sounds so much better. Joey Joe has definitely aged well

Please Don't Go Girl Video from Concert

Photos:
    I still can't tell with these photos and videos if Joey's shirt was white or pink.

They moved on to more classic NKOTB songs and threw in some new ones. They still had all the moves down which was awesome and the usage of the microphone stand which was classic NKOTB back in the day and allowed them to focus on singing with a few dance moves rather than lip syncing like the last wave of boy bands who performed first, sang second.

And now we have our first costume change.

The costume changes were pretty cool. Instead of making the band entertain the audience they took turns doing solos. Danny led the way with a break dancing routine. Then we had Jordan with "Give it To You" followed by Donnie and "Cover Girl" and then Joey with "Stay the Same". Jon copped out and didn't do anything. He also didn't talk to the crowd at all during the concert unlike the others who did. And then wore a political shirt (it was pretty unnecessary). So he was on my crap list and still is.

To be continued...
    Sunshine Rewards

I was never a NKOTB fan, but I saw Joey in a musical (Tick, tick Boom) a few years ago-the boy can sing.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
    I was never a NKOTB fan, but I saw Joey in a musical (Tick, tick Boom) a few years ago-the boy can sing.
    oh yes. I have the fantasticks somewhere on vhs.
    Sunshine Rewards

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    Jon copped out and didn't do anything. He also didn't talk to the crowd at all during the concert unlike the others who did. And then wore a political shirt (it was pretty unnecessary). So he was on my crap list and still is.

To be continued...
    Ok, we all thought "poor Jon...clearly didn't want to be there!" For our solos, Donnie, Jordan & Joey were all the same & Danny did breakdance, but then also he & Jon took a camera & video taped people in the crowd. We thought "well, THAT was Jon's solo."

I thought I had heard he has an anxiety issue & is super shy....I felt bad for him a lot because whenever he was on the screen, you could tell he didn't want to be there at all. I didn't notice any political t-shirts and I'm glad for that!

Question for you though...ok, last time they came to concert, Jordan was THE one everyone screamed over. I thought Jordan was pretty much #3 man last night...hoow about you? Clearly Joe & Donnie were the ones most screamed over??? I don't know...just thought it was interesting....
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800