Thread: Dell

Default Dell

I have had several frustrating calls with Dell in reference to my laptop. In the end I needed to purchase a battery for my 14month old laptop, the rep wanted me to buy it via the phone, but thinking I might as well get SR points I'll purchase it online. So I did purchase the extended warranty with this rep, after I told her that I get a different quote online, she called me back with a lesser charge. After hanging up, I went onto SR, clicked on the Dell link and purchased my battery, I see I have the credit pending. Well my DH decided to tell me at 10:05pm that this rep called here to confirm my battery purchase and asked who knows what because now he doesn't remember. He tells me check your emails, so I do and see my confirmation email from Dell, clicked on that and then clicked on status... well guess what... status is changed to CANCELLED!!! what in the world went on in that conversation that MY order got cancelled??? Of course I call and it's just past their customer service hours.
    My SR question is, tomorrow when I call, do I tell them to re-instate it or to cancel it. If I tell them to re-instate will this effect my SR credits, meaning through the SR system will they see that the order was cancelled but not reinstated, since this part would be done over the phone. Do I let them cancel it and just re-order it via SR link?

I can't tell you how long I was on the phone with this rep on Monday, this is after I had placed an online order for the darn battery on friday and had not received a confirmation. When I called Dell they had NO record of my purchase and hence the dread call with this rep began.

I really REALLY prefer not to buy through Dell, has anyone ever bought a Dell battery from a vendor other than Dell???

Thanks so much for your help and listening to my venting!!

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I would cancel the entire thing and just reorder through a new SR link/cookie.

That is frustrating. Was your rep here in the states or elsewhere? I think that is the biggest complaint about dell and why I haven't jumped on the dell bandwagon yet.
    Sunshine Rewards

Oh man, how difficult!

My hubby bought a refurbished laptop through SR/Dell, and it didn't work when it arrived. He called, and although he and the rep he dealt with (in India) was a bit difficult, hubby has enough knowledge to do what the rep said. He actually made the rep write him an email in real time and send it, stating that the rep was telling him to do this (open the back of his laptop, remove something, and replace it then close it back up) and that it would not void the warranty. The rep did it, hubby did it, it worked.

If it had just been me? No chance at all I would have done what the rep said; but hubby says that it often happens especially with refurbs.

Anyway, I'm saying that it's easy to have a lousy experience with them, and I'm sorry that happened to you.
    Sunshine Rewards

When I've called for maintenance issues (had those as well) it has been with someone in India, and very very hard to understand.
    I am going to let it cancel and re-order. I was extremely frustrated last night, I'm a little better today, thanks for the advice

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I have heard if you call their "business" line not the personal line you get someone here in the states. Might want to try that trick if you have to call them again.
    Sunshine Rewards