Quote Originally Posted by howdyfrtx View Post
Wow, good point to bring to my DH 's attention. We too have spent tons of money on barbies and accessories. You would be a great sales person for AG because you sold me on it. I think will still go take a look at the store since we've never been. Thank you!
I completely agree with Janet. My DH was the one to make that point to me a couple years ago when my oldest DD started her AG collection. I hemmed and hawed initially because of the cost...DH said "What's the difference? We already spend that much on toys for birthdays and Christmas - if she wants one or two expensive things, it's no different than getting her 5 or 6 $20 items that are more disposable." Also, I feel like the AG stuff is a collectible that doesn't lose its value like a cheap barbie or polly pocket type toys. If you look on eBay, retired outfits in good condition can fetch a pretty penny. Also I like that the dolls teach them nice manners, life lessons and Pleasant T. Rowland (doll creator) has worked hard to promote the innocense of youth.

Definitely bring your DD to an AG store and make a fun day of it. It's a really fantastic experience. Have fun!!