Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Register to Vote Offer

Default Register to Vote Offer

Do you have to make a donation to Obama to do this offer or is name and email enough?

I entered my name and email address, waited for a minute or so and then closed out the window without making a donation (this time )

Time will tell if that was enough to get the credit.
    Sunshine Rewards

I think a candidate using this kind of advertising to get people to look at their website would be pretty saavy. I'm less sure about.

fourfoxes -- Isn't it fun to be in a state that's still up for grabs? This is a new experience for those of us in North Carolina, and it's been interesting.

It is CRAAAAAZY here in PA. All candidates are spending lots of time in my neck of the woods. Yesterday, McCain was in Hershey, Bill Clinton is heading to Harrisburg tonight - both about 45 minutes from me. Last Saturday, Palin was in Lancaster and I had seen Obama in Lancaster in September - 20 minutes away. MSNBC was broadcasting live from Lancaster earlier in the week, interviewing people on the street. With Obama up in PA by double digits, I'm surprised they are all still stumping so hard. Plus, our phone is just ringing like mad. Maybe part of it is that we do NOT have early voting so everything rides on next Tuesday for us. But, it IS exciting to feel important.
    Sunshine Rewards

Hmm - so there is an offer up with an opportunity to donate to Obama?! No trick he isn't trying, is there. I would hope I don't HAVE to donate to get credit if I do the offer - I am not wanting to do political donations right now.
    As for stumping in PA, just because polls says one candidate has a large lead, doesn't mean he couldn't still lose the state in actual voting. So PA is an important state for McCain to try to convince people to vote for him, as he'd like to get its electoral votes on his side. And Obama is aware he could lose the state still and doesn't want to. Hence the heavy campaigning.
    I wish the media would quit telling me the election is already over. Talk like that is getting away from just simply reporting, and into a definite bias, (subjective rather than objective) which does influence people, of course. Oh well.

We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give.

This offer is just like any other. If you have no interest in the offer, please do not complete it. When people sign up for things just to get credit rather than because they are interested in the offer, that's when we start to get in trouble with the advertisers.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Yeah McCain and Obama have been hitting it pretty hard in our area. They feel the city is a no brainer but us out in the burbs are where they need to concentrate.
    I've a little peeved, I have had 3 differnet people (from the same party) come to my house the last 3 weeks. The first one, an older gentleman was fine, we chatted for quite a bit. The second one last weekend a woman walked into my driveway while the kids were outside playing and didn't think twice about walking right up to them. I was leaving with DD6 at the time for swimming lessons and I told her no thank you we're fine and she kept pressing and i said again "NO THANK YOU, we're fine". THEN Sunday I'm cooking dinner and this woman comes INTO my garage and knocks on my kitchen door with her dog! Now we love animals, but if your going around to people's houses, why would you bring your dog with you? How do you know that people aren't really allergic to it? I think they were just so brazen that it really irriated me!
    Sunshine Rewards

neither one of them have come to georgia that much during their campaigns. i have gotten a few phone calls (my answering machine gets them) but no one has come to my house at all to solicit for the candidates or to ask for money. kind of strange as Obama would have a good shot at getting this state due to all the new voters and the good size black population. as i do not want another 4 years of bush (which is what mccain is) on election day i plan on voting for Obama.
    [IMG].gif[/IMG] i got my penguin from coastalgirl

Tricia --I just didn't get what we were supposed to do -- maybe it's my old lady brain or the fact that my family is getting candidate calls every hour and a mailbox full of flyers every day.
    Sometimes the offers have additional information, such as "Must confirm email address" or "Must buy prints beyond the free ones." This offer was called "Register to Vote," not "Donate to Obama," so it really wasn't clear to me.

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

I don't get it either because it also states "No Purchase Required" which doesn't seem to be the case?
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES