Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just Cancelled our Dec Trip

Unhappy Just Cancelled our Dec Trip

Omg I can't believe it is the same song, different year for this. I just got off the phone with Disney to cancel my Dec trip that I postponed last year. Thankfully the nice CM was able to understand me through my tears. It is just heartbreaking for me to have to do it again b/c I was so looking forward to this trip. This was such a tough decision to make. We have the final payment, but after discussing our situation, my DH and I thought it was best to cancel and get what we have paid back and put into savings. With the economy being such as it is, I feel like it was the best decision for now. It doesn't make it hurt any less though. At least Sophie and I made it down for a week earlier this year. Eventually we WILL make it down for Christmas, I guess this year just wasn't meant to be.
    Liz

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass..it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Gosh, I so sorry Liz. But saving the money is probably best. Sending your way!!
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

Martha

That really sucks, but completely understandable with the economy. Hopefully you will get to remake them at some point in the near future.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

I'm sorry, that's so tough!
    Sunshine RewardsRobin

There are few things more disappointing than cancelling a Disney trip - even when it's for a good reason. There will be a year when it's right to go at Christmas - just keep wishing!

Jeanne - happily residing in Wisconsin Badger country

I'm so sorry. I usually start booking for our May trip around now and I'm just scared to start. To many questions about the economy.
    Sammielynn
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

I'm sorry that you guys had to cancel. I understand DH's point of view. But there is one thing that I never cancel and that's VACATION! I'd rather cut back on everything else. For sure, if it's not the economy we are worry about today, tomorrow it will be something else. I hope I'm not making you feel worse as that's not my intentions, but you have to enjoy every moment of life if possible. I'm glad you went this past summer. Maybe next year you'll be able to go at Christmas time.
    Sunshine Rewards

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Liz I'm so sorry to hear that. I understand though why and I can see how tough it was to do so.
    Sunshine Rewards

Oh, no, I'm so sorry.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

Thanks everyone! It's tough but there could be far worse things in life!

Lisa-You could never make me feel worse about anything! I'm not one to give up my vacations either, but since Sophie and I went this year and we all went to the beach for a week, this one was just going to be an extra. The biggest problem for us this year is the fact that I don't know where my job stands at the end of the year. Might get an extension, might not. Going into it with that uncertainty, I don't know how much I would have really been able to enjoy the trip. Now the next time I make these Dec plans, come heck or high water, my butt is going to be there!!
    Liz

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass..it's about learning how to dance in the rain.