Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Credits Reversed

Default Credits Reversed

We got a lot of credit reversals today from the advertisers, so some of you may be seeing some reductions in your accounts. Fortunately, most of them are small offers (.50 or less).

I did have to close two accounts where I had 4 reversals on each person. I don't know if they were submitting fraudulent information or doing the same offers on different rewards programs. But I can't justify to an advertiser keeping a member who had 4 reversals. They came mainly on offers like esurance, insurance.com, and edmonds.

We also had the advertisers point out some duplicate accounts to us (people with two accounts in one household). They are NOT happy with it. So some of those accounts will have to be closed as well.

No real reason for alarm. Really only about 10 accounts in total are affected, and most of those are just some minor credits. Just continue to be VERY careful about not duplicating offers. Including the ones where you are signing up for a true free service (stamps.com, insurance, auto quotes, home business, etc).
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

m4travels is offline Deep breaths, everyone. Stay calm. Back away from the computer.

ouch!!!!!

I've only added the exclamation points because the message was too short!
    Dude
    Oh, the tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    We got a lot of credit reversals today from the advertisers, so some of you may be seeing some reductions in your accounts. Fortunately, most of them are small offers (.50 or less).

I did have to close two accounts where I had 4 reversals on each person. I don't know if they were submitting fraudulent information or doing the same offers on different rewards programs. But I can't justify to an advertiser keeping a member who had 4 reversals. They came mainly on offers like esurance, insurance.com, and edmonds.

We also had the advertisers point out some duplicate accounts to us (people with two accounts in one household). They are NOT happy with it. So some of those accounts will have to be closed as well.

No real reason for alarm. Really only about 10 accounts in total are affected, and most of those are just some minor credits. Just continue to be VERY careful about not duplicating offers. Including the ones where you are signing up for a true free service (stamps.com, insurance, auto quotes, home business, etc).
    Tricia, can you please clarify this(in bold) for me? Does that mean if I do one of those offers(ie esurance, insurance.com or edmonds), then I can't do the other two? Or does that mean I can do each of those offers, but only once(over all GPT accounts that I may have)? SR is my main gpt site, but I have done some offers on CD(none of the ones mentioned above). Thanks for everything!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kycha View Post
    Tricia, can you please clarify this(in bold) for me? Does that mean if I do one of those offers(ie esurance, insurance.com or edmonds), then I can't do the other two? Or does that mean I can do each of those offers, but only once(over all GPT accounts that I may have)? SR is my main gpt site, but I have done some offers on CD(none of the ones mentioned above). Thanks for everything!!
    I'm fairly certain that she means that you can do each offer ONCE and only once across ALL rewards sites.
    Debbie

Quote Originally Posted by Kycha View Post
    Tricia, can you please clarify this(in bold) for me? Does that mean if I do one of those offers(ie esurance, insurance.com or edmonds), then I can't do the other two? Or does that mean I can do each of those offers, but only once(over all GPT accounts that I may have)? SR is my main gpt site, but I have done some offers on XX(none of the ones mentioned above). Thanks for everything!!
    As long as they are separate offers, it is fine to do the different ones. I usually verify with the advertisers that they are separate offers before I indeed put up multiples. (Like the SurveysAndGifts--they assured me that they are all separate offers).

Honestly, I think the days of people being able to do multiple rewards sites are going to be ending. Or at least people will have to just stick with 1 or 2. There are fewer offers to do than before and the advertisers are catching on more when people do the same offers on different sites. The advertisers are actually citing people doing multiple rewards programs as one of the biggest fraud problems in the entire incentive industry. There's just too much temptation to try to do offers over again on different sites when you think you won't get caught. But ask all of the people that Kira and I have now banned how that worked out for them.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

I am just doing offers on SR, plus, there are a couple other sites that I click at, but that is it. It is actually easier this way. I am making good Disney money, here, and not driving myself nuts trying to keep up with several sites. I really had quit doing reward sites for the past couple yrs because I was becoming so obsessed.
    Only now I am becoming obsessed with the forum. It is so much fun and everyone is so tolerant of everyone. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by arob414 View Post
    Only now I am becoming obsessed with the forum. It is so much fun and everyone is so tolerant of everyone. I love it.
    How true is that.

I have been slowly downgrading to just SR thankfully I don't do cc offers so I don't have to worry about those BUT I will have to watch A lot more closely the small offers. Thanks for the heads up. I think we all have been thinking it would come to this. Glad i love Sr and will stay here forever. You are all my friends now.
    <Sunshine Rewards

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Sorry to be so dense about this, but said another way....even for the freebie sign ups (i.e. Generous Genie, My Insider Deals, etc) we should not be doing them on other sites? I thought we could?? Or has that changed due to the increase in fraud?
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

This is the exact reason why SR is the ONLY rewards site I use now....I did Kira's site for awhile but I was always worried that I was going to do offers more than once inadvertantly and it just wasn't worth the risk for me...

So, SR is now the only site for me. And now with the forum, I am here ALL of the time it seems!

Sorry you've had to deal with all of this Tricia! My positive thinking mind wants to think that these were isolated instances that were mistakes but the more I learn of the world, the more I guess that isn't true.
    Rachel

Good to know. SR is my main site. I am here every day, while I might only visit Kira's site once every couple of weeks. I have come to the realization that many before me have. It is just too much work keeping track of all the offers I have done and trying not to duplicate offers. Plus there seem to be many more new and different offers over here. Thanks again.