Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Credits Reversed

Quote Originally Posted by Magical JenK View Post
    Sorry to be so dense about this, but said another way....even for the freebie sign ups (i.e. Generous Genie, My Insider Deals, etc) we should not be doing them on other sites? I thought we could?? Or has that changed due to the increase in fraud?
    I would like to know this too. I try really hard to keep track of what I do but once in a while a small freebie sign up (i.e. Generous Genie, My Insider Deals, etc)) will slip through. Not that stingy UNGenerous Genie EVER credits for me.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Honestly, the advertisers have every right to come back and say that duplicating ANY offer is fraudulent. If you get credit for a Generous Genie on one site and then complete it on another, they can deny credit or flag your account. Now, it's obviously up to us when they flag your account how we want to deal with it. They can't MAKE us ban anyone. They can only reject credits and ask us to ban people or IP addresses. It's then up to us to weigh the circumstances and decide what to do.

One of the offers that we have been getting reversals on is Your Top Brands--one of those little email freebie offers. They are also getting VERY strict about things like What She Has To Say, Consumer Expressions, etc. In fact, the advertisers are now going through some of these quarterly and banning some rewards sites specifically from running these offers because of duplication. We lost a few of these Big Bucks/Win Moolah offers last week permanently because of duplication.

So at this point, I don't want to say that it is "okay" to duplicate anything because if an advertiser takes the money back for any reason, most rewards sites will take it back, too. The bad thing is that we just don't know when the money is taken back if it is because you gave a fake phone number, you did the offer on another rewards website, or you used an AOL browser which showed up as a duplicate IP address. That makes it hard to know when reversals are because of true fraud or just mistake/bad luck.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

That is good to know. I guess I should be writing down even the freebie offers so that I do not duplicate. Not that it would be purposeful, but I do not remember which ones I did and didn't do, and which ones I did and did not get credit for, from different sites (of course SR is slowly and surely becoming my main source of reward site)

I will probably just stick to SR from now on when it comes to freebies. I always stress when Tricia mentions banning....I am afraid I did something accidentally wrong and off I go...now that would be devastating! What would I do with all of my time? Guess I would have a clean house....

Angela
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

I also forgot to mention....I have gotten email offers from another reward site - which I rarely use- that specifically says that if you did this offer before, just use another email address. So sometimes I do. Now I am afraid that I did something wrong and have a chance at being banned! It is things like that, that gets me confused on whether we can do certain freebies more than once....
    Angela
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by linanglab View Post
    I also forgot to mention....I have gotten email offers from another reward site - which I rarely use- that specifically says that if you did this offer before, just use another email address. So sometimes I do. Now I am afraid that I did something wrong and have a chance at being banned! It is things like that, that gets me confused on whether we can do certain freebies more than once....
    I'm in the same boat! I haven't kept very good record of the free offers, and now I'm nervous......but all of this has made me decide to really concentrate on this site, so I'll be sure to know what I have done before!! I also got one of those emails this morning - to change your email address if they offer doesn't work at first......almost like it's encouraging us to commit fraud
    Christina
    Sunshine Rewards

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

I have a question too...SR is the ONLY site that I do but a lot of times if a free offer does not credit, I will do them over using different emails to try to get them to credit.....is this something we shouldn't do? I never try doing them again if I already got the credit. This is why I would like to be able to totally eliminate these offers that I have already gotten credit for or that I know absolutely I do not want to do or that I've tried multiple times and that never credit for me, so that they will not show up at all on my list. I know in the beginning we had this option to remove these permanently and Tricia kept getting emails asking her to get it back for them but if we could get the remove button back with the understanding that it is absolutely gone for ever, could this be an option?
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

We're working on putting a "remove" button back on the site right now. It's pretty clear to me that people are moving things into "pending" to get them off of their lists and that is really screwing me up. I look at an offer that has 10 pendings and no credits and I panic because I think that the offer isn't working and so I pull it. But then it turns out that people just moved it to pending so that it wouldn't show up on their list, not because they really tried it.

I know other rewards sites specifically say to try the freebie offers over again with other email addresses. Given what our advertisers have told us about duplication, it really surprises me that they would be openly encouraging that. I will say that it seems only fair that if you did something in good faith and didn't get credit, you should be able to try it again for the credit. I mean, they got your information and we didn't get what they promised. So it does seem fair that you get to try it again. If an advertiser tells me that they disagree, then I would like them to start giving me credit for every single signup instead of just the ones that they choose to give to me. LOL! (Do you hear that Generous Genie????)
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by linanglab View Post
    Its sites like this that are encouraging fraud in its memberships that will eventually be closed down or will have to close because they will not have any advertisers. This is what gives the honest sites like SR a bad name. I personally would stay away from any site encouraging fraud, because in the end, you may get banned at the honest sites too.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

I am one of those who move some of my things to pending just to get it off my list. Sorry if that confused you. I just don't want to chance me accidentally doing an offer twice.

Angela
    Angela
    Sunshine Rewards

Yeah, I think I will not use the one site anymore. It is ashame that they encourage things that are a no-no. Because people like me, who are honest, get caught up in thinking that it is acceptable because the site owner says it is acceptable. I am beginnig to understand reward sites a bit more, only due to my reading the SR forum, etc. But new members may become confused adn think they are doing acceptable things, when only to find out that it is fradulent. I think that is sad.

Angela
    Angela
    Sunshine Rewards