Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Credits Reversed

Lots of questions. LOL! I wish that I had more answers. Part of the problem is that different networks have different rules. Some of them honestly tell me (basically) to let you sign up as many times as you want with as many different email addresses as you want and they will never reverse my credits. Others take the other extreme and say that they will reverse of the advertiser even so much as complains. So I try to be conservative in what I tell you. I'd rather be safe than sorry, KWIM?

Daily Surveys--If you and your DH are taking them separately on different computers on different sites, you should be fine. We've never had a fraud issue on a single daily survey before. They do the blocking for us.

"This offer is not available to you"--I love that one network gives this error if you have already completed the offer. However, all of the networks won't work together to put this kind of technology in place. If the fraud keeps up the way that it is, they will have no choice to do something like this.

WSHTS, Consumer Expressions, etc--I think it is okay to do these same COMPANY ones multiple times as long as you are not doing the exact same one (Consumer Expressions Trip to the Beach) over and over again. Each offer is a different contest on their sites and has different requirements within it. Now, you may not get credit again because you are already in their database. But that doesn't make it cheating. When we see reversals on these are when they decide that what you did enter was fraudulent (fake name, fake address, fake phone number). That's what is considered fraud to them, not duplication.

Insurance offers--These are duplicates if you do them and get credit anywhere and then do them again somewhere else to get credit. That would get your credits revoked. Also, entering any fake information when you sign up would get your credits revoked.

For the hundreds of offers on our site, we have only ever gotten reversals on the 3 insurance offers, efax, jeopardy, 1 on 1 psychic, search for jesus, and your top brands. And the total number on all of those was about 25. So out of literally thousand and thousands of credits, we've had about 25 total reversed (of which ALL of them have been in the last 2 months and all through the same two network).

So there really isn't any big problem right now except that I want us to all be very careful so that it doesn't turn into a bigger problem. I'm not going to ban someone over freebies. But when I specifically say not to enter fraudulent information on the insurance offers and then get 3 out of 3 reversals on the same person, I start to get concerned.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

The problem with the fraudulent information is that in order to do some of the offers I have to use a made up phone number or a friend's number because some of them do not recognize my real honest phone number , my cell number, or my private phone number as a real number. All three of them are very valid but because I live in an area that is on a line between two area codes they say all the numbers are out of the area for my address. Since it would cost tons of money to get any one of these changed I usually use a friend's phone number sometimes even that won't work. I also have run into sites that don't recognize my address as being real either so I have used a friend's address with her permission on those. If they don't recognize my phone, cell phone, private phone AND my address I just forgo the offer. I guess from now on if they don't recognize the number I will have to just give up on the offer.
    Last edited by missymouse; 07-30-2007 at 10:54 AM.
    Sunshine Rewards

I'm still bummed over Search for Jesus. No credit and still I get e-mails from them after I ask to be taken off their mailing list. Elite Mate is the same way, no credit but tons of e-mails. I know you win some and you lose some but darn their hides.
    Sammielynn
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

So, as of right now, if we have not been banned, we are okay. We just need to keep track of what we do, right?

To the PP. I understand the offers not recognizing personal info. I had one offer that kept telling me my last name was not legit. ummm....Smith is not a legitimate last name??? I had to skip that offer....

Thanks Tricia! The info is helpful. From here on out, I am going to write down all of my freebie offers....

Angela
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

Thanks for trying to answer all of our question, Tricia. I know that the rules are always changing and different advertisers have different sets of rules, but I truely appreciate you sharing the information you have!
    Debbie

I wrote this before I saw Tricia answered some of it.

I also have a question though. I am like some of the above where once in awhile it just will not take my real info. Sometimes I use my maiden name. How would they know that Martin, my maiden, wasn't my last name legally now?
    Last edited by wilsonfamily4; 07-30-2007 at 11:25 AM.
    <Sunshine Rewards

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Quote Originally Posted by linanglab View Post
    So, as of right now, if we have not been banned, we are okay. We just need to keep track of what we do, right?

To the PP. I understand the offers not recognizing personal info. I had one offer that kept telling me my last name was not legit. ummm....Smith is not a legitimate last name??? I had to skip that offer....

Thanks Tricia! The info is helpful. From here on out, I am going to write down all of my freebie offers....

Angela
    My concern is I do keep track of my freebies, but I don't always go back & look to see if I've done them before...guess I'm going to have to now!!

BTW, Cute new photo!!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

Wow -- it's really hard to know when to redo stuff that doesn't credit, isn't it? I've not been keeping track of what I've done other than moving them to pending, but I'm going to start. I also have been bad about putting the offers in Tricia's emails in pending -- I just do them and cross my fingers!

OT I also love your new picture. SOSOSO cute
    <Sunshine Rewards

I had on my list to do today but now want to confirm before I do it.

I ordered the "free samples" from Vista print on 7/3 and have not received credit (have received the cards and stamps). Since I was just blessed with a new teenager, all of her contact information (address, phone, cell, etc) is changing and I thought I'd order her a set of cards as a gift when I give her the new cell phone I got her. Ok... Can I do this?!? I most certainly don't want to have to leave SR over it (as Vista sends me all kinds of emails for free ones and I can go directly though them), but would really like to get the credit after depleting my account last week...

So, Tricia (or whoever knows the answer)....what's the verdict?
    *~Kimberly~*

Sunshine Rewards

Daughters, Son-In-Law, and Grandson = An Amazing Disney Experience!