Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Heads Up

Just booked March 14-21 plus 7 base tix at Pop for $1033, which comes out to $833 with the $200 gift card (for 2 people). I had already made up my mind to be more financially responsible next year and not schedule a Disney trip. Maybe I'll be more responsible in 2010.
    Magic Maker, Off to Neverland Travel Co.

Quote Originally Posted by dawgsgirl View Post
    I think I read that if you book online it will let you just get a one day base ticket. If you call, they won't let you do that. Disney is really pushing their packages with this deal!!

The CM I was just speaking with said that now you can purchase any amount of tix that you want either online or by phone.

This is really tempting for me to take the kids in the beginning of June....It may be the only way that I could afford it. I have enough in Disney dollars to pay for the vacation, plus I have quite a bit on my Disney Visa that I would be able to use for food.....What to do....what to do....
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

Quote Originally Posted by linanglab View Post
    This is really tempting for me to take the kids in the beginning of June....It may be the only way that I could afford it. I have enough in Disney dollars to pay for the vacation, plus I have quite a bit on my Disney Visa that I would be able to use for food.....What to do....what to do....
    Go!!! If I had the Disney dollars, we would strongly consider going. But, we would have to use real dollars, economy is lousy and our hospital just cut 170 jobs (90 real, 80 not filled) so I feel like I should be more cautious with my money. Luckily, for me, the positions were mostly non-clinical and/or manager spots, which I got out of, so my position is pretty secure.

At any rate, our real plans are to go in 2010 but this sounds like such a great deal, I hate to pass on it.

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Quote Originally Posted by jenvance View Post
    They are definitely pushing with this one because they didn't want to let me get the discount because I had already booked a package and they tried telling me the packages were all taken, but the supervisor was able to find me a room after I asked why it there were no more rooms left an hour after they announced the discount. They said the idea of this promotion was for new packages.
    I think you just got an uninformed CM. Techinically have to make a new ressie whenever there is a discount like this, rather than "applying" it to your current ressie. Know what I mean? But they should have just let you make the new ressie w/o the hassle. Understandably you may need to change your hotel, but like you said, it was w/in 1 hour of the announcement...hard to believe ALL the rooms for this deal, at the hotel you were staying at originally were already taken for your dates w/in an hour?? But nevertheless, I'm glad you were finally able to get someone to help you save money!! YAY!!

Quote Originally Posted by linanglab View Post
    Ummm...where is the question here?? Ang-this discount was MADE for you!! Totally Fate's way of saying..."Angela, you must come to Disney! You must come to Disney! Here, take this discount & come to Disney!"

Don't forget you have to book by December 20th.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

ugh, $2,236 for the 3 of us May 31-June 6 with 7 day park hoppers & dining. this is gonna be a tough sell with the way the economy is right now...

Quote Originally Posted by iluvamystery89 View Post
    ugh, $2,236 for the 3 of us May 31-June 6 with 7 day park hoppers & dining. this is gonna be a tough sell with the way the economy is right now...
    To help "sell" the deal you can get...price it out w/o the discount too! That way it will show the amount you will be saving & may show how much you NEED to take advantage of the deal!!

you're a genius, jen!

Could you do base tix instead of parkhoppers? That brought my total down quite a bit. Also, what about the QS dining plan instead of the regular DP. It's $10 per day cheaper. Oh, and make sure, if you call in your ressie, that you tell the CM not to add trip insurance. I had to call back because I went to check something online and the total was $200 less than the price the CM gave me. The next CM I got told me that the first had automatically added the $200 trip insurance without mentioning it. (If you're online, there's a place to uncheck trip insurance). So then she had to contact guest services to get it taken off my ressie.
    Last edited by schaery; 11-07-2008 at 11:15 AM.

you're a genius, jen!
    Nah, just a fan of Disney w/a DH who is as frugal as they come...when he wants to be!