Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Heads Up

This Disney Jen is saying DO IT!! Less than $1000. Go for it!! I definitely would!!!
    Sunshine Rewards

Jen....do it for those of us that want to but can't. My DH has been off work for 4 months with a broken foot, he won't let me book. I wanted to do spring break for DD, still falls in the $200 GC time, but with DDP and air it is just over $4000. He won't budge!!!

Okay...With all of my kids' family drama, I told them that I booked a trip for us. They were SUPER excited. I think there is the sadness that Dad will not be apart of it, but it is a nice way to start off our "new" family, you know? But I did not tell them how many days we are staying NOR when we are going. I will leave that still somewhat a surprise.

This trip will give them something to look forward to in the next few months when we sell our house and move (IF we sell our house...) and all the other changes that will come about.

Hey guys....I AM GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!!!!
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by linanglab View Post
    Okay...With all of my kids' family drama, I told them that I booked a trip for us. They were SUPER excited. I think there is the sadness that Dad will not be apart of it, but it is a nice way to start off our "new" family, you know? But I did not tell them how many days we are staying NOR when we are going. I will leave that still somewhat a surprise.

This trip will give them something to look forward to in the next few months when we sell our house and move (IF we sell our house...) and all the other changes that will come about.

Hey guys....I AM GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!!!!

Angela, YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy for you!!!

I am getting real "itchy" to book one of these packages. Congrats to all who were able to get the deal. We have already been 3 times this year and will be back the first 2 weeks of Dec. Then the AP's expire, so we were going to try and take a break. Notice I said "try".
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

Martha

Default I did it!

I took the bait and changed our 4-day trip in January to a 7-day one in March over spring break! Now I get to re-do all of my ADR's!!

I discussed this with my boys and voted me down. They are so use to staying in a condo that they don't ever want to stay in a hotel room again. It really is nice to go back to the condo and everyone have their own space. We might kill each other if we had a very small space. Great prices. But I can stay in a four bedroom condo for $499. There we each have a bedroom and a bath. Family harmony is priceless.
    Jen GO!
    Angela glad you are taking the kids. My first trip solo with the kids was to the beach and we had a great time. My boys were much younger than your kids are now, it will be great!
    Sammielynn
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by sammielynn View Post
    My first trip solo with the kids was to the beach and we had a great time. My boys were much younger than your kids are now, it will be great!
    I think we might rent a car for one day and take a drive to the beach. We've never had more than 4 days at Disney so it will be a nice treat to take a day off from parks.

Quote Originally Posted by dawgsgirl View Post
    I am getting real "itchy" to book one of these packages. Congrats to all who were able to get the deal. We have already been 3 times this year and will be back the first 2 weeks of Dec. Then the AP's expire, so we were going to try and take a break. Notice I said "try".
    I wasn't convinced!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by 3dog2kidmom View Post
    I took the bait and changed our 4-day trip in January to a 7-day one in March over spring break! Now I get to re-do all of my ADR's!!

Just a little FYI. Do a Google for 2009 College Spring Break (all in March). A few years ago, we went in March during the Flower Show (whatever it's really called), and not only did that add to the crowds but I think every college in the US was there on spring break. Waited 3 hours in line for Splash Mountain, and over 3 for Space Mountain. It was not one of our better trips. I had just scheduled our 7-day trip for 3/14 -21, and remembered to check the 2009 spring break schedule. Once again, that was college spring break time plus the Flower Show. I called back and rescheduled vacation for 3/29, still time enough to get the $200 gift card, and miss the spring breakers for the most part.
    Magic Maker, Off to Neverland Travel Co.