Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gmail Quick Question

Default Gmail Quick Question

I am trying to get back into the swing of things on SR.

When I "left," I was using the old "g-mail dot method" to do offers.

Is that method still viable or has it been "outlawed?"

I did a few offers on another reward site, and the Admin. wrote me a note saying that the dot method was not allowed anymore.

I don't want to do this method if it's not allowed....I've done about 15 offers so far (over a couple of days), and only 4 or 5 have credited....

Thanks guys!
    Sunshine Rewards

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

Quote Originally Posted by dcanoli1 View Post

I did a few offers on another reward site, and the Admin. wrote me a note saying that the dot method was not allowed anymore.

I don't want to do this method if it's not allowed....I've done about 15 offers so far (over a couple of days), and only 4 or 5 have credited....

Thanks guys!
    Haven't heard anything about not allowing this, and I read the forums everyday. Welcome back!
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

Thank you. I don't really do much on that other site--it is a 3rd site someone told me to try.

The post was to the general membership, and she was pretty firm about it; thus, I wondered if it was for all reward sites.

Guess...I'll keep carrying on then!

Thanks for the welcome back! Good to be back!
    Sunshine Rewards

Well, I just got an e-mail from that other reward site.

She said it now applies to ALL REWARD SITES and that her notice came directly from the advertisers.

So.....I guess I'll keep doing it until Tricia ell me to stop....
    Last edited by Hedy; 11-09-2008 at 11:01 AM. Reason: mention of other rewards sites
    Sunshine Rewards

Thanks guys!
    Thanks
    Last edited by Love2Shop; 11-09-2008 at 11:36 AM.
    Claudia

Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

No one has said anything on here about that yet. Tricia is out of town (I think, I know Cindy is) so we should hopefully hear one way or the other when she gets on.
    Sunshine Rewards

Just so you guys know....I e-mailed a trouble ticket to Tricia so she could see what was said to me.

I was e-mailed the specific wording some advertisers are sending as a warning to GPT sites.....

It basically said that you should not use robobot (is that the correct name) and you should not use the dot method @ Gmail because if you have that many e-mail addresses, there is no way they could be legit.

Go figure....

I was told I needed to create a new Yahoo e-mail account FOR EVERY ADVERTISER. Meaning one for MID offers, one for SE offers, one for HFTM offers, etc.

Seems like a lot of extra work to me...but I don't want SR or any people using Gmail to be penalized if the advertisers are going to start auditing the GPT sites.
    Sunshine Rewards

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Just so you guys know....I e-mailed a trouble ticket to Tricia so she could see what was said to me.

I was e-mailed the specific wording some advertisers are sending as a warning to GPT sites.....

It basically said that you should not use robobot (is that the correct name) and you should not use the dot method @ Gmail because if you have that many e-mail addresses, there is no way they could be legit.

Go figure....

I was told I needed to create a new Yahoo e-mail account FOR EVERY ADVERTISER. Meaning one for MID offers, one for SE offers, one for HFTM offers, etc.

Seems like a lot of extra work to me...but I don't want SR or any people using Gmail to be penalized if the advertisers are going to start auditing the GPT sites.
    Good idea on the TT route.

My thought though is a new account for every advertiser is crazy. Some times we're not sure which one it goes through until we start INTO the actual offer. MID's are probably the exception.
    Sunshine Rewards

Here is what I was told about the gmail rule:

Here's a portion of what I received from one affiliate-

1) Do NOT promote using the dot method, do not encourage use of tons
    of gmail addresses. No one can possibly use tons of email addresses
    legitimately.

2) Do not encourage use of Roboform. Autofill is what foreign hackers
    use to mass abuse US offers, and advertisers are not going to treat
    you any differently if they see it happening.

and

...just to CORRECT my earlier post (which I completely misunderstood)...here is a suggested way to do offers if advertisers start banning the gmail method:

You do not need a new email for every brand of survey. You can only use each email once per brand. Meaning-If you have the email 123abc@yahoo.com, you could do 1 of every offer brand on that email.
    So you could do 1 MID, 1 SE, 1 GG, 1 IRC, 1 ECN, etc on that email address.

After that you would need a new email address to do another set of 1 of each brand.

So, it still looks like you would need several e-mail addresses to do offers over time.

I am sorry for the confusion, but I hope this clarify things!
    Sunshine Rewards

Interesting. I'd love to know the answer to this as well! Let us know what you find out!
    Debbie