Thread: DW tickets

disneyforever is offline Ok, I have finally arrived here... now we can start the party!

Default DW tickets

DH and I are getting annual passes, so I know I have to order them on WDW website. I need to buy a friend of mine a 10 day park hopper pass. The price on WDW website is $305.66 with tax. The price on DW Tickets is $293.94 if I use their in-store pickup. That is a good savings.

Has anyone used the in-store pick up?

How is DW tickets to work with? There is no review on them.
    Last edited by disneyforever; 11-14-2008 at 09:50 AM. Reason: spelling
    Elaine

I've used DWtickets a few times and never have had a problem, but did not use the in store pick up........only the mail option. HTH
    Pamela

Sunshine Rewards

disneyforever is offline Ok, I have finally arrived here... now we can start the party!

Ok, another question. I just read on earstoears (hope I can mention them) that DH and I could purchase 10 day hopper passes too and then "upgrade" them to AP when we arrive at WDW.

Has anyone done this? Is it easy to do? DH is leery about doing this.
    Elaine

I just upgraded our 7d park hopper to AP's for myself and my girls. Just went to guest relations at MK (outside of gates) and paid the difference...very easy!!
    Pamela

Sunshine Rewards

Thanks Pamela!!!
    Elaine

Quote Originally Posted by disneyforever View Post
    Ok, another question. I just read on earstoears (hope I can mention them) that DH and I could purchase 10 day hopper passes too and then "upgrade" them to AP when we arrive at WDW.

Has anyone done this? Is it easy to do? DH is leery about doing this.
    Quote Originally Posted by pbhall13 View Post
    I just upgraded our 7d park hopper to AP's for myself and my girls. Just went to guest relations at MK (outside of gates) and paid the difference...very easy!!
    From what I've learned on the Dis, if you want to "keep" any discount you got on the ticket you'll be upgrading, you have to use it first.

So take your discount ticket, go through the gates, and that "sets" the NEW, non-discounted price onto the ticket. And then you upgrade, which saves you money if your ticket was discounted.

An example using pretend numbers.

Normal 10 day ticket = 300
    Discounted 10 day ticket = 290
    AP = 400

If you upgrade it BEFORE using it, you will lose that discount, and you'll pay the 110 difference between 400 and 290.

If you use it first, your ticket value resets to 300, so you only have to pay the 100 difference between 300 and 400.

(note: this does NOT work at DLR)

If you're on the Dis, on the theme parks forum there's a "sticky" all about tickets, prices, and upgrading, written by a person who is a moderator there and Cast Member who deals with tickets all day.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by mollyeilis View Post
    From what I've learned on the Dis, if you want to "keep" any discount you got on the ticket you'll be upgrading, you have to use it first.

So take your discount ticket, go through the gates, and that "sets" the NEW, non-discounted price onto the ticket. And then you upgrade, which saves you money if your ticket was discounted.

An example using pretend numbers.

Normal 10 day ticket = 300
    Discounted 10 day ticket = 290
    AP = 400

If you upgrade it BEFORE using it, you will lose that discount, and you'll pay the 110 difference between 400 and 290.

If you use it first, your ticket value resets to 300, so you only have to pay the 100 difference between 300 and 400.

(note: this does NOT work at DLR)

If you're on the Dis, on the theme parks forum there's a "sticky" all about tickets, prices, and upgrading, written by a person who is a moderator there and Cast Member who deals with tickets all day.
    This is exactly what I did.........waiting until the day we were leaving to do it......
    Pamela

Sunshine Rewards

I am going to order the three 10-day park hopper passes (so I can get SR money) then go into MK first day and then upgrade two of them to AP. From what I can tell DWtickets is almost $12 cheaper than disney's price online.

Thanks for all the info.
    Elaine