Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm frustrated! Referrals and the DIS

Default I'm frustrated! Referrals and the DIS

OK - this is just a vent!

I am a big supporter of SR and I post about it all the time on the DIS. It is so frustrating that we can't have referral links over there. From a few posts I made yesterday, I had 4 people pm me and say they signed up and wanted tips on how to make money over here. This happens all the time! I don't have a problem in helping people I wish I could just some sort of credit for those people! I so wish we could have our SR banner in our signature. It would make things so much easier.

I understand why they don't want referral links because we know how those referral wars can get out of control. And I am no way upset with the people who signed up! Good for you guys! SR is a great way to make extra $$$ for that Disney vacation or whatever else you may need some extra funds for. I just wish there was a better way.

OK - vent over
    Lynn
    Sunshine Rewards

Don;t know if its allowed or not, but can you sign your name with your referral number?
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I completely understand. I get frustrated over there as well and then sometimes I feel guilty because I'll sign up for something someone recommends and then realize later they do referrals for the survey company or reward program and I didn't sign up under anyone.

It would be nice to be able to say I have a few referrals available if banners are not allowed. Then you aren't asking for a referral but offering one.
    Sunshine Rewards

We can't do anything over there in terms of referrals. I did start a blog about saving money for Disney called Disney on a Dime that has my banners on it. I'm afraid if I put a link for my blog in my signature over there that they will repremand me for even that
    Lynn
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Ooh I like your blog idea. I have been thinking about an anonymous blog to track my WW roller coaster and my earning towards disney since I have too many friends on myspace that I don't want to read about my weight issues and such. which blog program do you use?
    Sunshine Rewards

I use blogspot. I'll admit I started and never got going past my first blog I had all intentions of keeping it going but then I figured that no one would ever find it so I just haven't been motivated to keep it going. I really should start doing more with it.
    Lynn
    Sunshine Rewards

haha that sounds like my old blog from college - another blonde moment. I got maybe 4 posts in there and then abandoned it. Can't even remember my username/password/ or email associated with it.
    Sunshine Rewards

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

I thought if people PM'd you you could give them your referral link? I only have one referral...I'm no good at it!! :0)
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

Quote Originally Posted by Magical JenK View Post
    I thought if people PM'd you you could give them your referral link? I only have one referral...I'm no good at it!! :0)
    You can but you can't tell them to pm you. So what I run into is people follow the "generic" link for SR that I post. They signup and then come back asking for advice. Like I said I don't mind giving it I would just like a little something for it (in the way of a referral.) I literally have made hundreds of posts about SR and I only have 3 referrals

I was sure I wasn't the only one with this frustraation!
    Lynn
    Sunshine Rewards

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

Is it possible to talk to Tricia about maybe giving them your number when they PM you for advice after joining and seeing if they request it if she can have them added to your referrals? It might end up getting pretty crazy for her but if we are only talking one or two a month she might be willing. Especially since you cant post a referral there. Another suggestion might be that when they ask you questions to just say "PM and I will give you the information you are looking for". If you don't post the generic link they will PM you and you can post the referral in the PM. HTH!
    Sunshine Rewards