Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I'm frustrated! Referrals and the DIS

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    1) Maybe we could make special SR bracelets with member numbers just for places where you can't have referrals links?

2) We are actually going to be doing something with referrals for the next SM feature that starts tomorrow. And then it will be open to everyone in September. (but it doesn't solve the bigger problem)

3) What about an exclusive link of some kind? Where if a member signs up through a link that they can ONLY get from another member, they get an extra .25 at signup?
    Perhaps there could be a link inside the referal area that instructs new members as to how to get referal numbers.

If I would have been able to get llgray16 referral code then She would have gotten 5 bucks from my referral becuase i have made 26.00 + in two days. Thanks SR Sorry llgray16

Quote Originally Posted by tink2008 View Post
    If I would have been able to get llgray16 referral code then She would have gotten 5 bucks from my referral becuase i have made 26.00 + in two days. Thanks SR Sorry llgray16
    Please don't worry about it!!!! You didn't know! I feel bad about posting about this now. My intent was not to make people feel bad - just vent a little frustration with another system. That's all
    Lynn
    Sunshine Rewards

I wonder if there could be a Who referred here box. And have one of the options be DIS and then have a field where the person can type in the DIS member's name. THe only flaw with that, is not everyone here uses their DIS name.

Quote Originally Posted by bbangel View Post
    I got mine when people specifically asked for a pm (back when that was allowed) About 1/5 of the people I sent a pm to signed up and about half of them are active members that got to $5.
    Their sticky over there about how to start with rewards site says that a person CAN send another member a PM, asking for their referral info.

We just can't PM a newbie asking if they want a referral link, or asking them to ask us for one.

I personally can see lots of room for sneaky after-the-fact referrals, with anything but a newbie asking someone for a referral, and doing it through the normal referral link. Things that happen afterwards aren't always on the up and up, and I personally think would be a pain.

Then again, I doubt I'll EVER get a referral, so I'm not highly motivated to make it easier. I'm just mean like that.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by tink2008 View Post
    Perhaps there could be a link inside the referal area that instructs new members as to how to get referal numbers.
    I was thinking even a simple thing like this would help. Like instead of just the "referrer" box when they sign up, saying something like "Did someone else tell you about Sunshine Rewards? If they did, get their referral number and put it in this box so that they can earn a reward for referring you!"

Do you think that might make some people step back and go get your referral number before completing their signup?
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

I think that this could help. It is simple, just adding some wording to the existing way and this might make new people aware that referrals earn money and give them the opportunity ahead of time to link to a member.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by jnorth1007 View Post
    I think that this could help. It is simple, just adding some wording to the existing way and this might make new people aware that referrals earn money and give them the opportunity ahead of time to link to a member.
    I agree
    Lynn
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by jnorth1007 View Post
    I agree. I didn't even know that there was a referral program with SR when I signed up. If I had known, I definitely would have wanted someone to make a few bucks off my referral. Tricia I think you are on the right track with the set up you suggested. Thanks so much!