Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm frustrated! Referrals and the DIS

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Quote Originally Posted by llgray16 View Post
    You can but you can't tell them to pm you. So what I run into is people follow the "generic" link for SR that I post. They signup and then come back asking for advice. Like I said I don't mind giving it I would just like a little something for it (in the way of a referral.) I literally have made hundreds of posts about SR and I only have 3 referrals

I was sure I wasn't the only one with this frustraation!
    Oh I didn't know that....so maybe you can work into your selling of SR about how you can make money if you refer people & maybe people will get the hint?? See if they can make money by referring their friends, why couldn't you make money by referring them!!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

Quote Originally Posted by Magical JenK View Post
    ....so maybe you can work into your selling of SR about how you can make money if you refer people & maybe people will get the hint?? See if they can make money by referring their friends, why couldn't you make money by referring them!!

This might work.

I'm not sure if any of you were there a while ago when they did allow referrals.......man...it was ugly!! Talk about cat fights. I know why they don't allow them.

It is frustrating.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Let me think on this. Maybe there is a way that we can do a Special Disney Signup page that people can only get to if someone refers them. I don't know how we could swing the tech part of it for sure, but I can talk to DH. Maybe they can an extra .25 or something by using that page?
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Tricia, I really didn't start this to make any more work for you or the rest of the SR team!!!

I'm just frustrated by the DIS and needed a place to vent (at least one that is nicer than the other venting place )
    Lynn
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Magical JenK View Post
    Oh I didn't know that....so maybe you can work into your selling of SR about how you can make money if you refer people & maybe people will get the hint?? See if they can make money by referring their friends, why couldn't you make money by referring them!!
    You're not supposed to hint for referrals either. Some people have done it and they had to edit their post or a mod would edit it. Some people have been very, very obvious and the mods don't say a word. I am sure it's hard to moderate such a large board but it is somewhat inconsistent.

The links in the signature is another example. They don't want a link to a site where you are selling anything or have a link through to someplace like amazon where you can get credit if someone makes a purchase. Someone there has a great site with lots of up to date pics on the wand going down and the CR construction but they can't link to it because of an Amazon link to a Disney book, I think. While others have links to sites where they are selling stuff directly.

Again, it probably has to do with the enormity of the board. That's what I like about this board - it's small and comfortable and friendly. But, then I feel bad for saying that because I do want SR to be successful and so that would mean more people and then a bigger board.
    Sunshine Rewards

kimntrent is offline How fun this was. I loved it. Can we do it again some time?

I am loyal when it comes to this. I know on other rewards programs I would want someone to come to me if they wanted to sign up when I signed up for Sunshine I PM'd a person on DIS and asked them to send me a referral link to sign up under. The first one who did got my name.

Ki8m
    ________
    Avandia lawsuit info
    Last edited by kimntrent; 05-08-2011 at 07:34 AM.

I have had the same problem. I also have no referrals yet, and I talk up SR all the time!

I have been wondering about the possibility of "buying" a referral or getting a referral as a prize or something. Like maybe instead of getting a cash prize for making a certain number of surveys for the month, maybe the prize could be a referral. I know there is another site that does something like this, and that is the only way I was able to get a referral. There have got to be lots of people who sign up without a referral. No?

Just curious about this.?
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

For some reason I thought that buying or earning referrals was one of those things the advertiser was not liking in a previous post by Tricia but I could be wrong. I will say that everytime I have "bought" a referral on another site it has been worthless to me.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by speechteachri View Post
    I have had the same problem. I also have no referrals yet, and I talk up SR all the time!

I have been wondering about the possibility of "buying" a referral or getting a referral as a prize or something. Like maybe instead of getting a cash prize for making a certain number of surveys for the month, maybe the prize could be a referral. I know there is another site that does something like this, and that is the only way I was able to get a referral. There have got to be lots of people who sign up without a referral. No?

Just curious about this.?
    I like that idea. You could have referral links like the paid click links, except that you would HAVE to complete the offer on the link and when you complete a certain number, you earn a referral.

I need to work on a blog. I think I'm gonna do that and put the link in my email signature. Maybe I can get some referrals that way.
    Sunshine Rewards

kimntrent is offline How fun this was. I loved it. Can we do it again some time?

I like all these ideas. I myself have ventured away from Disboards. But my mom is still on there watching. I like advertising on the Yahoo groups. I would love to do it other places as well but I draw blanks. I have asked Tricia before who had the most referrals but she never gave me a number. I find it being a challenge to me to get someone past that 5.00 mark and I just wanna see who I need to beat here. I love the 2.00 but I love the challenge more.
    ________
    Marijuana vaporizer
    Last edited by kimntrent; 05-08-2011 at 07:35 AM.