Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm frustrated! Referrals and the DIS

Regarding links, you can't link to anything where you will make a profit on the DIS Boards or any profit making site.

You are allowed to post your ebay ID's and what you are selling but not a link to your auctions or ebay store.

I'm really surprised they let everyone post their ebay ID.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

First, with regard to the referral as a prize for the survey bonus, for some people that would be a loss of money LOL 2.00 for a referral IF they happen to hit 5.00 or a guaranteed 5.00 for hitting 25 surveys. I'm not sure this would work like it does at other sites because the earning on referrals stops at 2.00

Second, Is there a way to put out sunshine ID numbers on signatures on DIS? If they allow you to do that with ebay then I dont see why you can put : SR user number: 5775 . This at least gives them the choice of entering you into the field for referral when they sign up.
    Sunshine Rewards

1) Maybe we could make special SR bracelets with member numbers just for places where you can't have referrals links?

2) We are actually going to be doing something with referrals for the next SM feature that starts tomorrow. And then it will be open to everyone in September. (but it doesn't solve the bigger problem)

3) What about an exclusive link of some kind? Where if a member signs up through a link that they can ONLY get from another member, they get an extra .25 at signup?
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I'm thinking anything incentivized wouldn't fly either since they ban things like ING referrals which include a free $25 if you get a referral from a friend.

I think the thing people will have to think about doing is either pm'ing people who you put a link to SR in their posts on the Dis and telling them more about the program and offering a referral link/number which still isn't allowed but is less likely to get caught by a mod or just don't help people who don't sign up under you if they get aggrevating with asking for too much help. There is a forum here where we'd all be willing to help and share the burden. I don't mind helping people and giving tips but I"m not a handholder like some pm'ers like to think.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    I'm thinking anything incentivized wouldn't fly either since they ban things like ING referrals which include a free $25 if you get a referral from a friend.

I think the thing people will have to think about doing is either pm'ing people who you put a link to SR in their posts on the Dis and telling them more about the program and offering a referral link/number which still isn't allowed but is less likely to get caught by a mod or just don't help people who don't sign up under you if they get aggrevating with asking for too much help. There is a forum here where we'd all be willing to help and share the burden. I don't mind helping people and giving tips but I"m not a handholder like some pm'ers like to think.

Anything that even smells of a referral over there gets reported! I just always post the info for SR because 1) it is a fantastic program that deserves to be promoted 2) it is a great way for people to earn money for their trips. I don't mind helping out at all. I just wish that there was some way over there to get people to know that referrals earn money too. I want to help people but I also can't old hands as you go thru the program. There are many of us that are always willing to answers when we can but my time is precious as well. I am happy to say that 2 of the 3 people that I did get to use me as a referral are pretty active with SR. I'm glad for them, SR and my $2

Honestly, I don't think there is any way around the whole referral thing over there. I know what the referral wars look like and they really aren't pretty. Especially on the budget board (oh, that can get downright nasty!)

I just wanted to vent and I knew you guys would understand.

EDIT: Oh, be careful of the pm thing. That doesn't go over well. In fact I remember when a bunch of us on the Rewards board got them from someone for another program and we were none too happy about it. I think that we should all just start making little comments in our description of SR on how you can also earn money be refering new people. Maybe some will get the hint like someone else said
    Last edited by llgray16; 07-31-2007 at 02:37 PM.
    Lynn
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Yeah I haven't really tried the pm thing as I know I was pissed when I was getting bombarded by other fly by night programs via pm.
    Sunshine Rewards

TXMouseChaser is offline Do we get crowns with the little leprechan on it and adorned in pennies?

I belong to a couple sites that I am very active (not DIS) and I have posted about Sunshinerewards.com a lot. I can't post my referral link NOR can I give it to them via PM. The owner of one of the sites (and it is a shopping site) has given me a warning for giving people my link EVEN when they PM me first. So, I just post about it and put the normal link and let people just join that way. I know for a fact 7 people have joined from that site alone!

The other board doesn't allow any type of link in signatures or promoting any site so when I mention it there, I just say that I make money for Christmas through Sunshinerewards.com. I have gotten some PM's from people saying they joined and like it.

I wish there was a way to get people to use my referral link but I am just glad to promote Sunshinerewards.com too!

Sunshine Rewards

I feel bad because I believe you are who referred me to SR. I had no Idea about referals and didnt even know there was a thing called PM. I am so sorry. I wish you could get credit for it.

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    Yeah I haven't really tried the pm thing as I know I was pissed when I was getting bombarded by other fly by night programs via pm.
    I was thinking this same thing. I have been tempted in the past to send a PM to someone who was obviously questioning the whole GPT thing, but I have never done it because I remember how everyone else felt getting unsolicited e-mails to join a site. I just can't justify that to myself, so I remain referral-less!
    Sunshine Rewards

bbangel is offline Those of us on the fun coast can party some more!

I know what it's like to be stupid for days

I got mine when people specifically asked for a pm (back when that was allowed) About 1/5 of the people I sent a pm to signed up and about half of them are active members that got to $5.
    Sunshine Rewards