Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Unofficial SR meet at WDW!

I'm in...... I will be staying at Shades of Green..... if anyone needs a sponsor and wants to stay there I can sponsor 4 other rooms.

Would anyone be interested in the T-Rex cafe?
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
    Would anyone be interested in the T-Rex cafe?
    not sure I am up for that!!! /The noise would drive me nuts, but that being said I hope some of you try it out to report back to me!!
    Pamela

Sunshine Rewards

DH and I always go to the mountains around that time. I'll see if I can persuade him to go at a different time, though without having to get a divorce. I'll know by the end of Jan. as he has to submit his vacation days at work by then. I'd sure love to go, plus I can get in free for my birthday celebration then, too.
    Magic Maker, Off to Neverland Travel Co.

Okay, put me down as tentative. We aren't going to the mountains til Nov. so I think I can think I can do this. My bday is on the 24th so I get a free day!!!

Actually, I just checked the Disny site and getting the free birthday pass isn't the best way to go if you're buying multi-day tickets, in case anyone else may be celebrating. 5 day passes are only $3 more than 4 day passes. If you don't use the free birthday ticket, you can get a birthday fun card equal to the amount of a one day ticket which would be about $40.
    Last edited by schaery; 01-03-2009 at 12:39 AM.

Wink What Will You Celebrate?

I'd like to take advantage of this in October also...They are also giving other things away in lieu of the ticket. I saw this on Mousesavers and Mary is usually pretty up to date....

What Will You Celebrate? Birthday Ticket Giveaway
    Everyone who visits a Walt Disney World Resort or Disneyland Resort theme park on their birthday in 2009 can get in FREE!

This offer is available ONLY on your actual birthday. To receive FREE admission to one of the Walt Disney World or Disneyland theme parks on your birthday in 2009, you must bring valid ID including proof of birth date.
    The FREE ticket can be upgraded on your birthday to a higher-priced ticket, but you must pay the difference.

Guests who already hold a valid annual pass or multi-day ticket (such as those included in vacation packages) that they will use on their birthday may choose from other birthday treats instead; however, no cash refunds or credits will be given.

The other treat options include:
    A birthday fun card in an amount equal to the price of a One Day/One Park base ticket for you to use on your birthday for merchandise, recreation or fun activities at select participating locations; or

A special birthday FASTPASS badge for certain attractions at the Theme Park you visit on your birthday; or

A nonupgradeable One Day/One Park base ticket for you to use any time until your next birthday.

Guests can get more details and start the process by registering their birthdays at disneyparks.com.

and I think a One Day/One Park ticket is like 80 bucks now!
    I'M DEB And I'm Making My Way Back To Disney..With Sunshine Rewards...One Click At A Time!

Deb Tokarski -Mouse World Travel, An Authorized Disney Vacation Planner

Booking Disney Destinations (Disney World, DisneyLand, Disney Cruises & Adventures by Disney)
    as well as Sandals & Beaches Resorts and other destinations & other cruise lines worldwide!!

For more information and a free no-obligation quote email me at: deb@mouseworldtravel.com
    You can also Friend me on Facebook--> Deb Tee
    Your Dreams are a Wish Away with ME and I am ready to help you find your Dream Vacation!!

Well, I wonder if the birthday treat card = to a 1 day ticket would be for a regular 1 day ticket - $80 - or the amount equal to a day ticket if you have a package - which would be $40 if you have a 5 day package. Also, it says good for select locations - wonder what those locations are.

Quote Originally Posted by schaery View Post
    Well, I wonder if the birthday treat card = to a 1 day ticket would be for a regular 1 day ticket - $80 - or the amount equal to a day ticket if you have a package - which would be $40 if you have a 5 day package. Also, it says good for select locations - wonder what those locations are.
    This is from the Disney site FAQ's http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/dis...rationFAQsPage
    Q: I am a Passholder (or have a valid Multi-Day Ticket or a Seasonal Pass that I will use for admission on my birthday in 2009), so I don't need to take advantage of this offer. If I register, is there anything else I could receive on my birthday?

A: Yes, you have several options which are available for you to select once you arrive at the Park with your confirmation message and your proper ID. You can receive:

A special birthday FASTPASS? badge+ for certain attractions at the Theme Park you visit on your birthday; or
    A 1-day Magic Your Way base ticket for you to use any time until your next birthday; or
    A birthday fun card in an amount equal to the price of a 1-day Magic Your Way base ticket* for you to use on your birthday for merchandise, recreation or fun activities at select participating locations at Walt Disney World? Resort.
    *Ticket price at gate, excluding tax. Adults receive card in the amount of an adult ticket; children (ages 3-9) receive card in the amount of a child ticket. For terms and conditions of the card and details on participating locations, click here. http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/dis...yFunCard/index

+The number of birthday FASTPASS badges issued is limited and may not be available after 11am. Valid Theme Park admission required. FASTPASS for birthday celebrant and up to 5 members of his/her party.

Q: What if I don't spend my entire birthday fun card on my birthday?

A: The birthday fun card is valid only on your birthday. Any residual value cannot be recovered by the Guest after that day.

Q: What are you going to do with my birthday information?

A: The information we are collecting will be used to expedite the process of validating your date of birth once you arrive at the designated Will Call windows with valid ID.

Q: Do I need to register online prior to going to Walt Disney World? Resort to receive free admission on my birthday?

A: As long as you have valid identification, including date of birth, you can take advantage of this birthday offer at the Walt Disney World? Will Call windows. The reason for registering your birthday online is to save you time. You won't have to wait while you fill out the forms at the Will Call windows.

Q: What if I don't spend my entire birthday fun card on my birthday?

A: The birthday fun card is valid only on your birthday. Any residual value cannot be recovered by the Guest after that day.
    I'M DEB And I'm Making My Way Back To Disney..With Sunshine Rewards...One Click At A Time!

Booking Disney Destinations (Disney World, DisneyLand, Disney Cruises & Adventures by Disney)
    as well as Sandals & Beaches Resorts and other destinations & other cruise lines worldwide!!

For more information and a free no-obligation quote email me at: deb@mouseworldtravel.com
    Your Dreams are a Wish Away with ME and I am ready to help you find your Dream Vacation!!

Wink

So, where is everyone going to stay?

I know Heather said she's booked at Carribean Beach Resort and someone mentioned staying at Shades of Green, anyone staying at a DVC resort?

Also will any of you be doing the Disney Dining plan for dinners those two nights? And would anyone be game for LeCellier for dinner one of those nights? We could all call 90 days out to insure a reservation ..July 25 and July 26th...Sounds sooo far away!

What about a Grand Gathering, do we all have to be in the same hotel?

ligrumpygirl is offline Ahhhh...so you only like me for my Moose Munch??

I will be at SSR with my DVC and will be hosting a few of our friends.

As for dinner on Saturday we can all go our seperate ways. Whatever you want to do is great...we are there to have fun with friends!

Maybe we can set Friday dinner in "stone" and let everybody else do what they want the rest of the weekend? You can't make everybody happy and this might be the way to do it.

Oh and no dining plan for me...I will have the DDE (tables of wonder or whatever it is called?!)
    Last edited by ligrumpygirl; 01-03-2009 at 10:03 PM.
    Sunshine Rewards