Thread: A Good Reason To Shop At Sears

Default A Good Reason To Shop At Sears

While so much bad is being said about major corporations these days, I thought that I would pass along something that I read on one of my affiliate boards about Sears:

How does Sears treat its employees who are called up for military duty?

By law, they are required to hold their jobs open and available, but nothing more. Usually, people take a big pay cut and lose benefits as a result of being called up.

Sears is voluntarily paying the difference in salaries and maintaining all benefits, including medical insurance and bonus programs, for all called up reservist employees for up to two years.

I submit that Sears is an exemplary corporate citizen and should be recognized for its contribution. I suggest we all shop at Sears, and be sure to find a manager to tell them why we are there so the company gets the positive reiinforcement it well deserves.

Decided to check this out for accuracy before I sent it forward, so I sent
    the following e-mail to the Sears Customer Service Department:

I received this e-mail and I would like to know if it is true. If it is, the internet may have just become one very good source of advertisement for your company. If this indeed is true, I know I will go out of my way to buy products from Sears for a like item, even if it's a little cheaper at another store.

This is their answer to my e-mail:

"Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Sears.The information is factual. We appreciate your positive feedback.

Sears regards service to our country as one of greatest sacrifices our young men and women can make. We are happy to do our part to lessen the burden they bear at this time.

Bill Thorn
    Sears Customer Care
    1-800-349-4358
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

That's awesome that they do this! Sure does put a good light on them!
    Sunshine Rewards

Thanks for posting this info. I feel it is very important to support our service men and women. I will also do more shopping at Sears this Christmas!
    Amy

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    While so much bad is being said about major corporations these days, I thought that I would pass along something that I read on one of my affiliate boards about Sears:

How does Sears treat its employees who are called up for military duty?

By law, they are required to hold their jobs open and available, but nothing more. Usually, people take a big pay cut and lose benefits as a result of being called up.

Sears is voluntarily paying the difference in salaries and maintaining all benefits, including medical insurance and bonus programs, for all called up reservist employees for up to two years.

I submit that Sears is an exemplary corporate citizen and should be recognized for its contribution. I suggest we all shop at Sears, and be sure to find a manager to tell them why we are there so the company gets the positive reiinforcement it well deserves.

Decided to check this out for accuracy before I sent it forward, so I sent
    the following e-mail to the Sears Customer Service Department:

I received this e-mail and I would like to know if it is true. If it is, the internet may have just become one very good source of advertisement for your company. If this indeed is true, I know I will go out of my way to buy products from Sears for a like item, even if it's a little cheaper at another store.

This is their answer to my e-mail:

"Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Sears.The information is factual. We appreciate your positive feedback.

Sears regards service to our country as one of greatest sacrifices our young men and women can make. We are happy to do our part to lessen the burden they bear at this time.

Bill Thorn
    Sears Customer Care
    1-800-349-4358
    Tricia

So glad you posted this......one of my friends (who just started SR) mentioned it to me this weekend and wanted me to tell people in the forum (she hasn't joined this part YET) so that we can see what some companies are doing for servicemen & servicewomen.
    Pamela

Sunshine Rewards

disneyforever is offline Ok, I have finally arrived here... now we can start the party!

Wow! I had no idea. I have to buy some tools for my father and now I know where I am going to purchase them at. I will also be telling my friends.
    Elaine

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

That is a great service! I tend to pop into Sears occasionally now I need to make more of an effort.

But here's a question... Since Kmart bought them out and they are now the "same" so to speak does that mean it holds true for Kmart employees also?
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by askomsky View Post
    That is a great service! I tend to pop into Sears occasionally now I need to make more of an effort.

But here's a question... Since Kmart bought them out and they are now the "same" so to speak does that mean it holds true for Kmart employees also?
    I was wondering the same things with Lands End.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.