Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: QUESTION about sign-ups

Default QUESTION about sign-ups

Ok, I have a question. If I use another member's computer (not the one I signed up on) to sign in with my own name and complete offers, will that affect anything?
    Also, if I used a friend's computer to sign-in with my own name (not the computer I signed up on) but now they want to create an account of their own, can they still do so without any penalties? I did some surveys and offers at my Mom's house and now she wants to sign up on her computer. I just want to make sure it's ok.

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

Oh lordy this might cause a big mess. Two members cant use the same computer because offers track by ip address and it is going to show that 1 ipaddress is completeing offers for 2 accounts.
    Sunshine Rewards

Your mom will probably have a hard time signing up on her computer if you have used it because the computer will already be associated with an account. We have had to become REALLY strict about people not using the same computers because of all of the fraud in the industry.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by jnorth1007 View Post
    Oh lordy this might cause a big mess. Two members cant use the same computer because offers track by ip address and it is going to show that 1 ipaddress is completeing offers for 2 accounts.
    Good to know. She didn't sign up yet...so I guess she just won't be able to.

So it doesn't make a difference if the MAJORITY is on the main computer?

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    Your mom will probably have a hard time signing up on her computer if you have used it because the computer will already be associated with an account. We have had to become REALLY strict about people not using the same computers because of all of the fraud in the industry.
    Understandable for that matter. So I should stick to my own computer to complete offers, then. If I do some at work and some at home is that ok? (another words, 2 diff. IPs for 1 account, not the other way around)

You can feel free to go back and forth between your work computer and your home computer without any problems. The only time you wouldn't want to use your work computer was if you ended up referring other people at work and then all of you are on the same IP address. It could result in some of you not getting credit for offers. But if it is just you, there's no problem at all in going back and forth. Just be sure to complete a given offer on the same computer (don't sign up for stamps.com at work and then download it at home).
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

wdwabby is offline I'm like the MacGyver of crafting - I'll figure something out!

here's my question then .... I haven't done any offers on my parents computer, but I have done one, maybe 2 surveys on their computer. They are considering signing up (well my dad is ... )

since it's not through an offer, my survey shouldn't affect his eligibility right?
    Sunshine Rewards
    Joined 6/1/07 Sunshining my way back to WDW ... one penny at a time!

Thank you Tricia. (and everyone else who commented)
    That helped a lot!

Is there some type of layout period? In other words, if I didn't use, for example, my mom's computer for 2 weeks, a month, etc, could she then sign up? Just trying to figure out a way everyone could still particpate.
    *~Kimberly~*

Sunshine Rewards

Daughters, Son-In-Law, and Grandson = An Amazing Disney Experience!

It's pretty much a forever thing. But you can email me and I can see if we can do anything to fix yours since you didn't know.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs