Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: (ENDED) Countdown Contest: 33 Days Until Christmas

8 maids a milking, i like the beatitudes.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

I would like to receive the partridge in a pear tree. As per a Google search, "The partridge in a pear tree is Jesus the Christ, the Son of God, whose birthday we celebrate on December 25, the first day of Christmas. In the song, Christ is symbolically presented as a mother partridge that feigns injury to decoy predators from her helpless nestlings, recalling the expression of Christ's sadness over the fate of Jerusalem: "Jerusalem! Jerusalem! How often would I have sheltered you under my wings, as a hen does her chicks, but you would not have it so . . . ." (Luke 13:34)"

My DBF's birthday is December 25th. His name happens to be Nickolas, but I call him Saint Nick. This particular gift is symbolic to me, as Nick spent some of the best years of his life as a foster parent to his 3 younger siblings. At age 18, he had the responsibility of a 16 year old boy, 14 year old boy and 12 year old girl. I'm sure you can just imagine all that he went through and the many times that he wanted to just call it quits. But through it all, he toughed it out and made sure that his family was taken care of -- he was truely a saint to them. He really sacrificed some of the greatest years of his life to care for them. He reminds me of the mother/father partridge looking over her/his helpless nestlings. That being said, I would LOVE to receive the partridge in a pear tree as a symbol of how far he's come. From raising his sisters and brothers to now having a family of his own, he really has come so far in such a short time.

I would chose the nine ladies dancing. My kids were just telling me about the meanings of the 12 items. The nine ladies are the fruits of the Holy Spirit. love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control.
    Sunshine Rewards

Our family is about as low a point as we have ever been with the economy. My husband is a general contractor and it really is very bad. I went and looked up the meanings of the different numbers. This one fits us fully right now becuase I need all of these things along with many prayers at this point.

The "nine ladies dancing" were the nine fruits of the Holy Spirit found in Galatians 5:22-23: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control.

bbangel is offline Those of us on the fun coast can party some more!

I know what it's like to be stupid for days

I think I would like to have the 10 Lords a Leaping. I would feel like I was part of a Disney parade (and frankly I could use some men in my life )
    Sunshine Rewards

I would like the 4 gold rings. I just love gold and I couid save them in case we fall on hard times. It would be like having money in the bank.
    Sunshine Rewards
    "
    Jo

Default seven swans a-swimming

The "seven swans a-swimming" refers to the seven gifts of the Holy Spirit: wisdom, understanding, counsel, fortitude, knowledge, piety and fear of the Lord.

Oh, yes I could use these - particularly wisdom, understanding and fortitude at this point in my life! Life has been stressful and with the Holidays coming it only seems to get worse.
    Fanofree

Sunshine Rewards

I would have to say the Five Golden Rings what girl doesn't love Jewerly

Three French Hens signifying Faith, Hope, and Love these are the things that get me through the day!! And I would wish them for everyone
    Thanks bs4free!
    Sunshine Rewards

I am surprised how many of you chose the one I wanted as well. We are trying to get my son off of regular milk and onto organic milk. So I would go for 8 Maids a Milking.

I have heard organic milk helps boys stop whining and I need all the help in this area as I can get. He is our milk drinker and has not really taken to organic yet.
    <Sunshine Rewards