Thread: Need Ipod experts help

Default Need Ipod experts help

Well my husband just said to me today that he wants an ipod. It may not be in my Christmas budget because I had already gotten him something BUT I want to look around and see what prices are. I see there are the IPOD classic and IPOD touch, or would a nano even be okay enough for him? He really just wants it for music and a rare occassional movie on a plane. Will the classic work just fine? Are refurbished any good? Any good advice?

THANK ALL!
    <Sunshine Rewards

I don't know much about ipods, but I'm answering b/c the question is does he really want an actual ipod, or does he just want something fun and good with the same functionality?

Hubby wanted something like that, where he could listen to music and watch movies. During research, he found many, including the ipod, that had nice functions, but were not upgradable in memory. What you got is what you got.

That wasn't good for him; he wanted something that he could change.

He ultimately found the Cowon D2, which he bought from amazon. It uses SD cards (either normal ones or even the SDHigh Capacity, and if you have miniSD card with the adapter, you can use that, too).

My brother uses his phone for this, but both of them can download the movies we own onto the cards, and watch those movies. I watched my brother do this, uploading things to the cards so he can fill a whole flight from CA to NC with his screen, without having to access the internet or wireless services; he just goes from the SD cards. And if the flight is long, he's got several other SD cards (which you can find GREAT deals on through buy.com, amazon, and so on) with lots of other content.

Since hubby's had his Cowon, 3 other techie guys at work have bought them. One guy had JUST bought an ipod, and when he found out that hubby's uses SD cards and therefore has infinite "memory", he got very sad. He was really bummed that he had wasted his money and he's jealous of all the guys who have or will have the Cowon.

So definitely be sure your hubby wants THE ipod, when there are so many other good products that act the same as the ipod, but for less and with more memory.

Hope that helps in some way!
    Sunshine Rewards

I have the shuffle, its for music only. Tricia has a full size IPod and she probably has 1000 songs and 20 movies on it. Plus a bunch of audio books.Its really nice.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

Just to add that we have bought the refurbished and they have been fine, especially from Apple directly. But he'll need one with a screen so that he can watch the movies.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

I guess I want to know if I should get a nano, classic, or touch. I would love to get the Nano as it is way cheaper but does it show video very well. Any more help?
    <Sunshine Rewards

I love my Nano. It is great for listening to music. I didn't want the video so this is what I picked. I got it two Christmases ago and it's going stong. We saw a commercial for the touch the other day and it has the coolest feature. You can be anywhere and hear a song. You hold the touch to up to it and within seconds, it will tell you the song and who it's by. You can then choose to download it. That is awesome. I can't tell you how many times I have wondered about a song. I know Matt has called me lots of times and said go to Air One's website and see who this song is by for me.
    Sunshine Rewards