Thread: Can I just whine for a moment

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Default Can I just whine for a moment

Just a general whine in the direction of sites that refuse to ship by any other method than UPS. My UPS guy is pretty lazy. That's actually an understatement but saying how I really feel would get me banned. Basically he refuses to attempt to deliver packages to our apartments. He dumps them in the office and then slaps delivery notices on either your door if he feels like it or on your community mail box (which leads to issues of theft) or just doesn't leave a notice at all like last week. My order has apparently been sitting in the office for over a week. I checked online last night and found out that it was delivered. So I go check this morning. NO package NO record of the apartments ever having it as the lazy bum didn't sign it into the book that day with the other packages. Which leads me to believe it never left the UPS truck and made it to my apartment offices. So now my new clothes which I desperately need so I can quit wearing the same thing over and over are missing in UPS land.

I feel better. I'm planning on calling UPS at lunch and will attempt to remain calm without reaming the poor people too badly. It just makes me mad because this is not the first time UPS has done this to me.
    Sunshine Rewards

kimntrent is offline How fun this was. I loved it. Can we do it again some time?

Girl let me tell you about UPS. Here they deliver to whichever house they want to. They also have been seen kicking the boxes off the truck. And get this. I sent a box to my best friend for xmas. When I send the gifts I send a box to Dixie who is 9 this year and Krysta who is 7. So I send it ups dec 1. They lived in Alabama at the time outside of Mobile. This was 2 years ago. Anyway, so the box doesn't get there doesn't get there. I check out tracking. It was shipped to Michigan and held. Then back to Richmond CA our head UPS here. I call to complain. A week later it is shipped to South Dakota then back to Richmond CA. I call again. Then a week later it was shipped to like Orlando or somewhere in FL and held for over a week. Then they call my best friend and ask to talk to Dixie. Her husband says can I help you, no you can't I need to talk to Dixie. You want to talk to a 7 year old about a package. Their response was we are not authorized to talk to you it is not going to you. His response was well she doesn't know how to give directions. So it came back here. Mid January she finally got it. I never use UPS.
    ________
    WENDIE 99
    Last edited by kimntrent; 05-08-2011 at 07:36 AM.

I totally understand and hope you find your stuff....for me the problem is with Fed Ex and DHL (who I think are the same delivery people around here). I live in a house, not apartment, but my town is the only one in this area that did not convert to 911 Addresses...we still use rural route...well even though I've had multiple deliveries by both of these (and not moved in 10+ years), they still delay all of my packages because they call to get directions!!!!! You would think companies that big could have a map (or use mapquest - it can find my house) or keep a database with directions after they visit a place once!!! *sigh* I just always know that if something is going to be delivered via something other than USPS or UPS, that I might as well not get in any hurry to receive it!

Hope it works out...keep us posted.
    *~Kimberly~*

Sunshine Rewards

Daughters, Son-In-Law, and Grandson = An Amazing Disney Experience!

Fed ex is my bane... they won't even knock loud enough for me to hear them...so I have to go and pick up the package from them and they are on the other side of town!!!

My UPS man is great he knocks loudly and always has a smile, and if I'm not home he always finds a good place to tuck the package.

Faith
    Faith
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Proud to be SR member #3129

An alternative would be to have it shipped to your work address if your employer allows it.

My daughter lives in a town house and has had her mail, and UPS packages stolen because she is not home when they deliver. And she lives in a nice part of her town. She received permission from her bosses to have her packages delivered to work. Maybe that will work for you.

Our UPS driver was the same for years. When nearly they had that big strike around 2001 our regular driver told my DH that "this house keeps me in a job."

My problem is with FedEX. They have such a big change over in help that I am constantly getting other people's packages. After receiving wrong packages almost every week for a month and ME delivering them to the right owners, I called them to come pick up a misdelivered package and it sat here for 2 weeks. They never came. Dopes!!

Hope you get it figured out.

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Well they have learned how to slap stickers on your door very quietly. I swear sometimes I am home when they come and I never hear them. Not like they'd have my package on them if I did catch them.

Unfortunately I work in a client service type field so I work at my client site 99% of the time. I'd feel weird having deliveries made here for me. If I could trust my actual office I'd ship there but that's not always good either. So I've learned to deal.
    Sunshine Rewards

How about shipping to your parents of BF's parents if they are close by??

Just trying to think of other options.

Definitely contact the company that shipped, just in case they can help you.

Although my current driver and the one who delivered to our townhouse last year were really good, I'm NOT the biggest fan of them.

I mean, there was the one time, in the apartment we were in between '03 and '06, I stood in my kitchen WATCHING the UPS truck pull up, sit for 5 minutes, then drive away. The driver never got out of the truck (it was a miserable, rotten, drizzly grey day ('cuz you know we NEVER get those days here in the Seattle area)), and I didn't see the truck move around like one does when they get in back to look for packages.

5 minutes later I clicked Refresh yet again, and it showed an attempted delivery. Pretend this emoticon had the hammer smashing a truck...

And NO ONE at the UPS office I called (and I had the local office call me back, rather than just talking to the 800# people) cared, no one was surprised.

When I worked at amazon.com I amassed a HUGE stack of printouts. UPS would tell the most obnoxious things to our customers, including that the customers could request a "trace". First, we did NOT have an account set up with them to trace packages. Second, those traces accomplished almost nothing. Third, they cost the company money. Fourth, they could take MONTHS (that's something they never told our customers).

I kept track of tracking numbers, and would print the info out when the customers called, and then I'd check later...I loved getting "the rest of the story". Packages delivered WEEKS, one was MONTHS, after they were told to request a trace, that it was gone, that it had been abducted by aliens (OK, not that one), and after we had already replaced the package.

I met my now-DH at work; when we met he had just been promoted to a Lead of sorts over me (and others). He took great interest in this little project of mine, and managed to finagle a meeting with the big wigs...UPS had continued to deny deny deny all their wrongdoings, and that their CS people were saying such outrageous things.

Since I had kept notes, and had the printout from when the customer called, and then they "end" printout, when they saw that huge file plunked down in front of them, they could only whimper a bit (or so I imagine).

Shortly after that we got dedicated people to talk to us, the regular 800# people stopped telling our customers to do traces, and things got a bit better (but did you know that the package tracking along the way is an unpaid, EXTRA, thing one gets, or doesn't get, with their shipment? one is never to EXPECT the tracking to be kept up with), but now the difficulties mainly sit with the individual drivers, which is just as rotten from the customer's point of view!

Sorry for my epic novel.
    Sunshine Rewards

My problem is our USPS....actually, our postman. He has been seen actually standing back in the driveway THROWING packages up on to the porches. He is ALWAYS on his cell phone. I try to not order a lot because my packages can end up anywhere. We have lived here for 15 years. I have neighbors from 4 or 5 streets over to call and say they have a package of mine. Same for me...I get tons of other people's mail down to their Social Security Checks!

There is no telling how many pieces of mail I never get. Isn't it sad that many do not take pride in their work anymore?
    Sunshine Rewards