Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: <EXTRA> Posts?

Sorry if I seem jumpy. It's been a rough day. We just found out that DH might be losing his job after 8 years. And we get a certified letter that the company building our new house didn't pay $30K to the concrete people, who now want to sue US for the money even though we already paid the builder. Add to that this darn game upgrade to close some bugs in the software and I am just about to throw the whole WW thing out the window and grab a Hershey bar.

I really do want people to give our community a chance. We try to be full service--games, shopping, chat, etc. Obviously we all spend a lot of time on other sites, too. But I want people to want to participate if they are going to play the games.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

I may be mistaken but the 75 post rule is for the chat room, not the games.

Lydia
    LydiaSunshine Rewards

Mandi is offline The artist formerly known as Mom2micayla

Quote Originally Posted by coastalgirl View Post
    I may be mistaken but the 75 post rule is for the chat room, not the games.

Lydia
    Is it? See, figures I'd get that wrong. I've not tried chat yet and I've stopped playing the arcade games because I totally suck at them.

Tricia, sorry you're having a rough time right now. I hope that SunshineGuy doesn't lose his job. That combined with the house stuff has got to be very stressful.

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Sorry about your day tricia. hopefully the job will work out and if not now that SG has a masters maybe he can find a better job. the house will work out too. I'm surprised they aren't going after the builders though. I guess they figure you'll have to sue the builders.

I enjoy our community here and sometimes I think I'm being a little too chatty on here when I post a bunch so I try to limit what I do. I don't want to get on anyone's nerves.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    Sorry about your day tricia. hopefully the job will work out and if not now that SG has a masters maybe he can find a better job. the house will work out too. I'm surprised they aren't going after the builders though. I guess they figure you'll have to sue the builders.

I enjoy our community here and sometimes I think I'm being a little too chatty on here when I post a bunch so I try to limit what I do. I don't want to get on anyone's nerves.
    Goodness! There is no such thing as too chatty!

I'm trying to be very open minded about the whole thing. Maybe the time has come for SG to just focus all of his energy on our business? We'd probably end up divorced, but SR could be awesome!
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

Tricia, I'm sorry you're having a tough day and I certainly didn't intend to add to it - I didn't say my time was "better" spent elsewhere, I just said it's usually spent elsewhere. Sorry to have caused offense if there was any. I'm having a tough time getting acclimated because I can't seem to figure out the things that others are doing with complete ease. I can never find the offers people are discussing, contests or games or something are mentioned but there are no links to them, etc.

But now that I know there was a problem with the games in general, I will wait - my problem was that no matter what game I clicked on, premium or regular (although I'm not sure how to tell which is which...), I was getting the message I mentioned above.

Quote Originally Posted by TtownAnne View Post
    Tricia, I'm sorry you're having a tough day and I certainly didn't intend to add to it - I didn't say my time was "better" spent elsewhere, I just said it's usually spent elsewhere. Sorry to have caused offense if there was any. I'm having a tough time getting acclimated because I can't seem to figure out the things that others are doing with complete ease. I can never find the offers people are discussing, contests or games or something are mentioned but there are no links to them, etc.

But now that I know there was a problem with the games in general, I will wait - my problem was that no matter what game I clicked on, premium or regular (although I'm not sure how to tell which is which...), I was getting the message I mentioned above.
    I've actually been formulating a way in my head to make things easier for newer people or people who don't spend much time here. Maybe I should think out loud?

I was thinking about a "Start Menu" of sorts. Like "What Would You Like To Do Today?" Then break it down into things like "Earn Credits" "Have Fun" etc. Would that be helpful?
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

Sorry to hear about SG job... your family will be in my prayers...
    We go through this almost every year with my husband's job... Has he gotten enough grants to stay another year or two... every september the stress starts...

Faith
    Faith
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Proud to be SR member #3129

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

That sounds like a great idea Tricia. Is there a general how-to thread? Maybe some of us can submit a how-to on different subjects and you can merge them into one big post. Like How-To earn credits via offers, how to earn credits via shopping, how to clear cookies, how to play games, how to enter flash chat, etc.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    That sounds like a great idea Tricia. Is there a general how-to thread? Maybe some of us can submit a how-to on different subjects and you can merge them into one big post. Like How-To earn credits via offers, how to earn credits via shopping, how to clear cookies, how to play games, how to enter flash chat, etc.

Votes for how to's, I realy liked some of your topics! Would make it simple for new users to get up to speed with how things work. I know i was lost at first, well still am! Glad so many members use to fourms to answer questions quickly. Thanks all.
    -NOn DisBoards
    Next WDW: POP 09.04-14.08 & Free Dining
    Past WDW: 04.01, ASMO 07.05, 09.05, 09.06, 09.07.