Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Affiliate Summit Picture

Great pic....thanks for sharing....
    *~Kimberly~*

Sunshine Rewards

Daughters, Son-In-Law, and Grandson = An Amazing Disney Experience!

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

Tricia, I understand how you feel. I resemble my mom and she does look young for her age. But, I really don't like it when everyone says that we look like sisters - I feel older than what I already am. We were at a local amusement park today for our towns community picnic and I can't tell you how may people thought that I was my mother. I even had my kids with me. I had one lady tell me that she thought that I was being stuck up because I didn't talk to her - I had no idea who she was even after she told me her name. So why would I talk to her?

Quote Originally Posted by chipndale View Post
    Tricia, I understand how you feel. I resemble my mom and she does look young for her age. But, I really don't like it when everyone says that we look like sisters - I feel older than what I already am. We were at a local amusement park today for our towns community picnic and I can't tell you how may people thought that I was my mother. I even had my kids with me. I had one lady tell me that she thought that I was being stuck up because I didn't talk to her - I had no idea who she was even after she told me her name. So why would I talk to her?

Same exact things happen to us -my mom (who happens to be named Cindy) and I..and I don't even think we look THAT much alike...

*~Kimberly~*

Sunshine Rewards

You are both very beautiful women! I don't look like my mother at all. I look like my stepmom. Everyone who meets us together say we look just alike! Even when I was a child people thought I was her birth daughter.

Thank you for sharing!!

Lydia
    LydiaSunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by coastalgirl View Post
    You are both very beautiful women! I don't look like my mother at all. I look like my stepmom. Everyone who meets us together say we look just alike! Even when I was a child people thought I was her birth daughter.

Thank you for sharing!!

Lydia
    Thanks...it's funny you mention that...I have a stepsister that came to live with us when I was in high school...we were told several times how people could tell we were sisters...and we look NOTHING alike...she has brown hair, different complexion, different build...everything! We finally joked that it was our feet...the only thing about us the same...we were both size 8's.... I hadn't thought about that in years....
    Last edited by Mom2aPrincess; 08-02-2007 at 12:34 AM. Reason: spelling
    *~Kimberly~*

Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by coastalgirl View Post

Thank you for sharing!!

Lydia
    As I get older I'm looking more like my stepmom.

But the weirder part is that I actually look far more like my mom's sister and one of my dad's brothers...and they all went to high school together...makes a person wonder exactly what happened...

That summit just sounds like it was fun!

And now I think I'll go look into this exercise thing you're talking about.
    Sunshine Rewards

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

It is really strange because both of my children are adopted and today I had a friend that I had not seen in a long time tell me how much my daughter looks like my dh. They really do have the same facial structure and expressions with the exception of hair color. Dh has almost black hair and dd is blond/brown.

Quote Originally Posted by Mom2aPrincess View Post
    Same exact things happen to us -my mom (who happens to be named Cindy) and I..and I don't even think we look THAT much alike...

You definitely look a lot alike. LOL! But I would guess your mom to be about 19 years older than you?
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Its funny because the aging process is so different for men and women. When you go to your first couple class reunions, 10 yr, 15 yr, etc, the men look so much better than the women. But then, that 20 year comes around, and the women are close to 40, and they are looking much better than the men. It seems when men hit 40, they age a lot quicker from there, slower to the start, but definately speed up to the finish. How many older couples do you know that you look at and say "wow, she is still very pretty". Lots. But how many do you say about the man "geez, hes still good looking", thats the minority. I love seeing the pics of you girls and your moms. Sometimes its not neccessarily the facial features that make you look alike, but your coloring and actions, build etc....like me and Tricia. Other than her being taller, people say from the back, she looks just like me. And, on top of that, her oldest daughter already from the back looks like her. So one of these days, everyone will be saying the same thing about Tricia and Jill as they are saying about me and Tricia right now.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    You definitely look a lot alike. LOL! But I would guess your mom to be about 19 years older than you?
    You're in the right ballpark...She's 16 years older than me.
    *~Kimberly~*

Sunshine Rewards