Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Prayer for the state of Minnesota

Oh, Jen!!! I can imagine the stress you're enduring right now. I'll be thinking of you and all your friends/neighbors/family. Hang in there and I hope you're able to settle your fears in a positive light this evening.
    Lori

Sunshine Rewards 8x Super Member

I'm relieved for your safety too, Jen! I will keep your friends, family, and co-workers in my thoughts and prayers.
    Last edited by LuvMyBoys; 08-01-2007 at 09:10 PM.
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

Jen

OMG Jen, I'm so glad you're safe! I will pray that no friends or family are involved either.

I'm hoping a friend on another forum from outside of the cities posts soon, too, that she and her family are safe.

What a terrible, terrible tragedy!

Jen-

I am in shock from the whole thing- so scary. I am praying for all
    Sunshine RewardsRobin

Quote Originally Posted by Magical JenK View Post
    You guys...I take that bridge to work if I drive. I took the bus today & thankfully it doesn't take that route, but I'm trying like all heck to get in touch w/my co-workers & friends. It's just so scary. There are people just stranded on the bridge. There are cars going backwards because of the way it buckeled. DH is a cop in sister city but as far as I know he hasn't been called in...can't get a hold of him as most cell phone lines are busy. Can't get a hold of one of our friend who would take the bridge home from work. It's just so scary. My mom called to see if I was home, I said no. She said whwere are you...I had no idea of what is going on at this point. So scary. That bridge is under construction & you can only go 45 mph w/good traffic. It's right out of downtown & rush hour. People could only go 10 mph. They had to be bumper to bumper. I just can't believe it. It's a main bridge into/out of Mpls. There is a Twin's game tonight & you could take that bridge rigt to the Metrodome exit. I just keep saying omg omg. I'm crying thinking of what could have been. I see these cars & pray these people are ok, I'm praying that they are no my co-workers, friends or family. I pray there is no one underneath the bridge in the river.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

Jen

I can't believe this. How awful. I hate going over bridges and always close my eyes if DH is driving. Keeping everyone in my prayers.
    Sunshine Rewards

Oh Jen. How horrible! Just know that your Sunshine family is praying for your family, friends and co-workers make it home safely tonight.

OMG Jen that is so amazing. Fate was really steered you in the right direction today. I can't imagine how your mom felt...it must have been horrifying for her. You will all be in my thoughts tonight.

Joanne (lilstint on The Dis)
    src="http://www.sunshinerewards.com/images/bracelet/2007bronze.jpg">
    I've been gobbled by Anna

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Thanks everyone! Thankfully most of my friends have been accounted for. Just waiting on 1 but chances are she shouldn't been over in Mpls, but you never know. My aunt was on a river paddleboat that had just gone under the bridge & was in the lock at the St Anthony Falls dam. She saw the whole thing happen. A friend's husband has passed the bridge 10 min earlier. It's just so scary & I'm just so thankful that I didn't drive today, that my friend's husband was not running late today, that my aunt's boat was in the lock, that my co-workers have been accounted for. They have closed the interstate about 5 miles prior to where it happened, so it will be very interesting to see how the traffic will be routed.

Shelly-have you heard from the other MN on the other message boards?
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800