Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Card making

Smile Card making

I know that this is not a scrapbooking question, but I was wondering. Do any of you make cards? I had just gotten into making simple cards, but need ideas, so I was wondering if any of you had any inspirations and pictures of ones that you had made.

i have made cards, but i am not a real card maker. i used to do photo cards. i took pic and printed them out on prefolded cards.

i know this doesn't help. sorry.
    all star movies for 10! jun 15-21. what a nightmare of a vacation.

I've been making cards for a few years now (although I wish I had more time to enjoy my hobby). If you're looking for some incredible card making layout ideas, I suggest visiting:

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/

It's mainly geared towards rubber stamping (not sure if that's the type of card making you're working on) and the cards are out of my league in many ways, LOL, but it will give you some wonderful ideas. Hope this helps and good luck. It's a fun hobby...I enjoy getting "lost" in it, LOL!
    Lori

Sunshine Rewards 8x Super Member

Thank you ladies .

Thanks for posting this. My friend makes cards. She uses rubber stamps and photos. I love them. She helped me make baby shower cards. I would like to get started in this also. But where to start?
    Marilyn

Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Sunni View Post
    Thanks for posting this. My friend makes cards. She uses rubber stamps and photos. I love them. She helped me make baby shower cards. I would like to get started in this also. But where to start?
    For myself, I had just started looking online at ideas, my friend had gotten me two books that I had gotten ideas from, and I just started playing around. It seems like there are many different styles out there, so just get the basic things to start with-cards, envelopes, card stock, embellishments... You could try to copy what your friend had made to start with to get a feel of who to make things, and then just design things in your own style.

Try memorymakers.com Good luck.
    Sunshine Rewards

Well, looks like I will be getting into card making. For Christmas, my friend gave me card stock, markers, stamps, ink, envelopes, a cutter, and different scissors to get started. My lessons start next week if all works out with our schedules. I get to use all of her things too....she has a whole workroom.

I can't wait!

What has everyone else been up too?
    Marilyn

Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Blessing and Miracle View Post
    Try memorymakers.com Good luck.
    Thank you .

Quote Originally Posted by Sunni View Post
    Well, looks like I will be getting into card making. For Christmas, my friend gave me card stock, markers, stamps, ink, envelopes, a cutter, and different scissors to get started. My lessons start next week if all works out with our schedules. I get to use all of her things too....she has a whole workroom.

I can't wait!

What has everyone else been up too?

Sounds like alot of great materials to work with. I have been waiting on some stamps to arrive, then I would like to work on a St.Patrick's Day card for my friend, along with some Valentines Day ones.
    I have been checking online for different designs, but there is not much out there that is my style.