Thread: ecost.com

Default ecost.com

i just saw this great deal on a notebook computer from dell for $199 at ecost.com and i was wondering if anyone has ever ordered from them b4. my ds 19 wants a laptop for college and this would be a steal at that price but i know nothing about ecost or notebook computers so any help someone could give me would be greatly appreciated.
    [IMG].gif[/IMG] i got my penguin from coastalgirl

Which laptop is it?
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

it's a dell latitude 1.6GHz Intel wireless notebook with pentium m processor, 512MB, DDR2 RAM, 60GB hard drive, modem, wireless 802. 12.1" LCD display, no optical drive, windows xp Pro. it is also dell recertified A-grade. does this info help? i am not what you would call computer savvy so i don't know if this is a good deal. what do you think?

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I have ordered two Wiis from ecost.com and had no issues getting them. Shipping was fast and they were easy to deal with on the phone with ordering. I will say that I was never able to complete an order using the SR link due to the ecost website. I would get to the checkout and they would always have an error when I input my credit card. I would always have to call to order the item. Not sure if it was something to do with what I was ordering or if it is always a problem. I think if you look at the SR member reviews that others have had no problems ordering from ecost so it might just be me.
    Sunshine Rewards

Kevin says that the D400 and the D410 are just a step behind what we use for Sunshine. They do not have a CD drive built in, but you can buy one as an accessory that you plug in to the USB. We've been using similar Dells for about 7 years now with no problems.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

would you say that this would be a good first notebook for my 19 year old college freshman son?

Quote Originally Posted by marcymajor View Post
    would you say that this would be a good first notebook for my 19 year old college freshman son?
    I think so. Kevin checked out the Dell refurbished site and said that the ecost prices are a lot lower than those on Dell.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

Tricia for all your help. i'm off to order this for my son. hope he likes it. again for everything. you are great.