Thread: My Spice Sage spices -- what do you use some of these for?

Default My Spice Sage spices -- what do you use some of these for?

I'm not really sure where to put this, so if it needs to be moved, go ahead.

I'm looking over the list of spices at My Spice Sage to figure out what I want to get as my free sample. I need rosemary and thyme for a recipe I got the other stuff to try and pumpkin pie spice to try Tricia's pumpkin bread recipe. I also really want to try the cinnamon everyone is raving about. But, I've never heard of some of these other spices and they really intrigue me. I'm tempted to take a free sample of something like cake spice or apple pie spice just because it intrigues me, but I don't know that I've ever seen them used in a recipe.

I'm still trying to teach myself to cook on a semi-regular basis, so maybe some of this is something I will learn with time.

So my question is, what kind of recipes can some of these more off the wall spices be used in?
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

Sunshine Rewards

you could use the chinese 5 spice in Gingerbread/gingerbread cookies...would give it a great kick!
    Pamela

Sunshine Rewards

Giving this a little bump. I'm looking to place my order today while the $3 shipping is still good. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If it helps any, I have a major sweet tooth.
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

Sunshine Rewards

I use a lot of their stuff, but mainly the staples so far--cinnamon, taco seasoning, chopped onions, black peppercorns, minced garlic, etc. I need to get fancy, too!
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

I use their chopped onion on a daily basis, also their garlic, which you just need a binch of cause its so much stronger then store bought, of course, I think all their spices probably are. They are more flavorful, so you use less, and so much fresher tasting. It would be hard to go back to store bought after using theirs.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.