Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: You Deserve a Break

Can't wait to check it out
    Thanks bs4free!
    Sunshine Rewards

Come on Cindy - Stop teasing us. You know we have no patience.
    LEA ANN

Sunshine Rewardswww.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Ahhh, it won't be long. I'm just trying to finalize some stuff.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

How funny to find this today! My guys started back to school this morning!

Lydia
    LydiaSunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by coastalgirl View Post

Lydia
    Wow, that is early!!! Do you guys do that "balanced" program, or some kind of different scheduling?

My boys don't start back until September 4th! Michigan passed a law recently that schools can't start until the day after Labor Day (tourism and summer jobs, and all that stuff).

I love the late start though b/c then we have a nice long summer. It also helps that no school means that I don't have to get up at the crack of dawn to get my oldest son on the 6:30am bus!
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

They get out fairly early and have lots of scheduled holidays in between! My lil guy has to catch a 6:30 bus too for a school that is right around the corner. Oldest one drives so I am going to have to use the mom card and make him take lil brother to school!

It was insane this mornig trying to get all 3 of my fellas out the door and my little girl cried all the way home for her bubba this morning! I do hope that gets better!

Lydia
    LydiaSunshine Rewards

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Quote Originally Posted by linanglab View Post
    It goes like this "you deserve a break today, so get up and get away, to McDonalds." Barry Manilow wrote that song. I am sure you wanted to know that....I am a dork for knowing that....

Anyway, bring on the shopping!

Angela
    Thanks for not only finishing the jingle w/the correct words that I now have stuck in my head, but also for the bit of trivia!

Quote Originally Posted by Alice28 View Post
    I certainly thought when I opened this, Cindy was going to tell us there were McDonald's gift certs being offered!
    Glad to know I wasn't alone in this way of thinking!! :0)

Lydia
    Ok, that's just mean! MN law has since change apparently, but we NEVER started school before Labor Day. Our state fair (almost as big of love for me as Disney ) ends on Labor Day & I swear it used to be that the 4H kids had to be at the fair so we didn't start school until after Labor Day. I know now it has changed & I just think that's mean! Summer isn't over until Labor Day for me!

And now...we've started a new tradition that Disney is right after Labor Day so I have nearly 4 weeks of pure love!!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

They get out fairly early and have lots of scheduled holidays in between! My lil guy has to catch a 6:30 bus too for a school that is right around the corner. Oldest one drives so I am going to have to use the mom card and make him take lil brother to school!

It was insane this mornig trying to get all 3 of my fellas out the door and my little girl cried all the way home for her bubba this morning! I do hope that gets better!

Lydia
    Yeah, we're in the same boat, my son has to get on the bus for an hour to get to his school which is only 11 minutes away!!

Unfortunately, the school is in a small town with only 3 major roads so driving in is a DISASTER!!! I drove him alot of last year b/c it meant him (and I) both got an extra 40 minutes of sleep. But then with the traffic back ups at the 2 stop lights, it ended up taking over 30 minutes to drive in Of course then I was late getting him there, and you Mom's all know how well that goes over with the schools!!!

Ok, now typing this is making me really dread school starting again!
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

Woo hoo! I'll have to hold off on some shopping in case something good comes up.

Sunshine Rewards

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyBoys View Post
    Yeah, we're in the same boat, my son has to get on the bus for an hour to get to his school which is only 11 minutes away!!

Unfortunately, the school is in a small town with only 3 major roads so driving in is a DISASTER!!! I drove him alot of last year b/c it meant him (and I) both got an extra 40 minutes of sleep. But then with the traffic back ups at the 2 stop lights, it ended up taking over 30 minutes to drive in Of course then I was late getting him there, and you Mom's all know how well that goes over with the schools!!!

Ok, now typing this is making me really dread school starting again!
    We start, next wk. I am already counting down the days left to sleep in.
    The girls register, next Thursday, and I always take off that Thurs thru the following Monday when they start. So, we (I) have 2 more days to sleep late. And, we have absolutely got to start going to bed early. 6am is going to come very early for them, Grandma has been babysitting and she lets them sleep late.