Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: You Deserve a Break

Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyBoys View Post
    Wow, that is early!!! Do you guys do that "balanced" program, or some kind of different scheduling?

My boys don't start back until September 4th! Michigan passed a law recently that schools can't start until the day after Labor Day (tourism and summer jobs, and all that stuff).

I love the late start though b/c then we have a nice long summer. It also helps that no school means that I don't have to get up at the crack of dawn to get my oldest son on the 6:30am bus!
    Wow...I so wish our schools in TN would go back to that schedule. Ours starts in a week here. I hate it. It cuts a whole month out of the summer. Mine are in a private school and start in 3 weeks.

A gripe of mine is that the pools at the YMCA close during the week once the public schools start. What about all of the homeschoolers and the private schools. Why should we not be able to enjoy the pools still?
    Sunshine Rewards

We don't start until the 27th...not quite as late as soom of you, but better than those already going back...This is the first year for this long summer though...State of Texas passed a law during last school year that we can't start until the 4th Monday in August.

I too have LOVED the long summer, but we'll pay for it...the state passed this law, but didn't shorten the number of days we have to be in school...so the late start date just means fewer vacation durings the year...And I am a big fan of the long weekends spread out through the year...we usually need a break after a month to 6 weeks of school (teachers and kids get tired and have a hard time focusing) and we won't have those this year.
    *~Kimberly~*

Sunshine Rewards

Daughters, Son-In-Law, and Grandson = An Amazing Disney Experience!

My DS16 starts back to school and I go back to work on Monday. My DS18 starts college this year and his/our classes begin on Aug. 27. I alredy miss summer.
    Sammielynn
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

New Jersey schools don't go back until after Labor Day but they do not finish until late June. That being said, I am also looking forward to Cindy's specials.

Ooh. I wouldn't like going through late June. We've always gotten out with a week left in May..this year (wiht the late start) we go until the end of May.
    *~Kimberly~*

Sunshine Rewards

Daughters, Son-In-Law, and Grandson = An Amazing Disney Experience!