Thread: Grrrr Oriental Trading

Default Grrrr Oriental Trading

I needed to order some things from OT so I went through the shopping link.There was no place to enter the coupon for $2.95 shipping at all. I also had a coupon for 15% off but still no place to enter it. I ended up taking some things off my order since I had added things just to get to the minimum needed for the discounted shipping or the % off.

I guess if I had gone through OT on my own I could have at least used the % off coupon instead I get a 3% cash back...big woo.

Just to see, I went through and added $60 worth of stuff, and when I clicked to Continue Checkout, it had the coupon entered for me. "The Key Code has been populated for you, please continue with your order."

Then when I get to the Delivery method page, to the right of the shipping method choice, there's a spot for "merchandise certificate", which is under the "key code" spot which is again populated with the code from the SR link to OT.

Sorry this didn't work for ya. I once ordered from buycostumes, and the DAY before there was a SR link with code for a great discount. I was new at SR and had NO idea what I was doing, and for whatever reason I had written down the code. When I went to order, that link was gone, even though the code was expiring THAT day (not the day before). I went through SR, went through, and added the code. I got the fab discount, since it hadn't expired, but I didn't get SR credit. It was a better tradeoff for me than the other way, so I get your frustration of getting the SR credit vs the coupon.

Hope my experimenting helps you for the future!!!
    Sunshine Rewards

Maybe my computer decide to act wacky. Now I wonder if I will even get the 3% back. I did for sure go through the banner. Oh well.. I needed the things for my dd's Bday party but I sure wish I could have saved some money!!

I don't know when things changed to where the invitees are supposed to get gifts also!!! Used to kids were happy to get some cake and punch. Now we are expected to give gift bags filled with goodies!! I was not going to fall to the pressure but this is the 1st birthday party my dd has had where it is not just family and she is so excited. She is a Martha Stewart wanna be anyway so she was already secretly planning her party way ahead of time and had all kinds of notes and plans for it!!

Quote Originally Posted by mum4jenn View Post

I don't know when things changed to where the invitees are supposed to get gifts also!!! Used to kids were happy to get some cake and punch. Now we are expected to give gift bags filled with goodies!! I was not going to fall to the pressure but this is the 1st birthday party my dd has had where it is not just family and she is so excited. She is a Martha Stewart wanna be anyway so she was already secretly planning her party way ahead of time and had all kinds of notes and plans for it!!
    My daughter was the same way for her 7th birthday party a couple weeks ago - she had every moment planned I always keep my eyes open for little things for birthday treat bags at the dollar store, or when target's dollar spot goes on clearance, or even AC Moore or Michael's craft stores have some relatively inexpensive little things like pencils, erasers, etc... But it sure does add up!!
    Christina
    Sunshine Rewards