Thread: Steam Iron...Any Suggestions?

Default Steam Iron...Any Suggestions?

I need a good, no, make that a great steam iron. Any suggestions?

TIA
    Sunshine Rewards

Lisa, I have

This Rowenta iron

and love it!!

I have a Rowenta too. Not sure of the model number but mine is fabulous.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

I was going to come on and say Rowenta BUT seems that is what others think too. My mom got me on the brand. She sews A LOT and needed a good steam iron. I bought her and I one years ago for Christmas.
    Last edited by wilsonfamily4; 12-07-2008 at 01:20 PM. Reason: didn't spell check!
    <Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by wilsonfamily4 View Post
    I was going to come on and say Rowenta BUT seems that is what others think too. My mom got me on the brand. She sews A LOT and needed a good steam iron. I bought he rand I one years ago for Christmas.
    My mom bought me mine, too. She is also a seamstress.

Quote Originally Posted by 3dog2kidmom View Post
    My mom bought me mine, too. She is also a seamstress.

I bought my own but I sew too!!!

I also did a lot of research and was tired of replacing the B&D and Kenmore and Sunbeam and other models every year. Teenagers (especially boys) can be very tough on irons. I splurged and bought it after they were both moved out!!!

I clicked on Shelley's link and that is a very good price. Mine is a bit old but I know I paid close to $80 for it. Definitely worth the money.

Thanks guys. I need a good steam iron. I definitely checked out the Rowetta. Thanks for the link Shelly.

I guess I should have stated that I really need it for permanent press clothing, suits and such. Do you think this will work well for that too?

Kathie, my boys definitely ruined every iron we've every had as well. LOL.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Blessing and Miracle View Post

I guess I should have stated that I really need it for permanent press clothing, suits and such. Do you think this will work well for that too?
    They have several different models, I think it would depend on which model you get. If the clothes are permanent press they shouldn't need a lot of pressing or steam, so you should be good with any model that has a permanet press cycle.

Kathie, my boys definitely ruined every iron we've every had as well. LOL.
    I had a boy and a girl. DS was really bad. I think he did it intentionally so I would just do his ironing for him. No water, burning shirts because he had the iron too hot, burning the ironing pad. It worked, I finally said ENOUGH!!

My DD on the other hand was butterfingers. That iron was always hitting the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Kathie View Post
    They have several different models, I think it would depend on which model you get. If the clothes are permanent press they shouldn't need a lot of pressing or steam, so you should be good with any model that has a permanet press cycle.

I had a boy and a girl. DS was really bad. I think he did it intentionally so I would just do his ironing for him. No water, burning shirts because he had the iron too hot, burning the ironing pad. It worked, I finally said ENOUGH!!

My DD on the other hand was butterfingers. That iron was always hitting the floor.

LOL. One of my boys had a habit of leaving the iron on all the time.
    Sunshine Rewards