Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DisneyWorld Tickets Increasing Sunday August 5th

Default DisneyWorld Tickets Increasing Sunday August 5th

Walt Disney World tickets prices are increasing tomorrow, Sunday August 5, 2007. If you have been holding off getting your tickets, or even if you need them for a future trip, get them today.

Here is a link to the article in the Orlando Sentinel.

Disney World Tickets
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

jollytammy is offline I have trouble even knowing what day it is

I could just cry
    JollyTammy

Thanks for the info... I thought I would go to my local Disney store to buy my tickets early... of course they are closed for remodeling...SCREAM!

Faith
    Faith
    Proud to be SR member #3129

You can order today online. One place that sells them is DWtickets through the SR link.

Waltdisneyworld.com sells them too and a couple of other online places.

i can't believe their raising their prices in the middle of the year. I need to get 4 tickets for labor day weekend. I was just there today. I couldn't have gotten them then if I knew.
    OH well,
    Debbie

Sunshine Rewards

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

Quote Originally Posted by mommommouse View Post
    i can't believe their raising their prices in the middle of the year. I need to get 4 tickets for labor day weekend. I was just there today. I couldn't have gotten them then if I knew.
    OH well,
    Debbie
    They are doing this because the 2008 package prices are coming out tomorrow and they want to be able to charge the higher prices for everything. The dining plan changes are out too. I saw on TGM a link to the new menus that shows the removal of the tip and appetisers for 2008. Anybody needing to book for 2008 should be able to start doing so tomorrow morning at 7am. There are also supposed to be changes to the way that room prices are figured. Gone are the days of booking at the end of the value season so you can get the peak season at value prices. They are supposed to change this so that you pay for your room at rates per day. You stay one night at value and 6 at peak you will pay as such. Many changes occurring tomorrow. We will see we will see. Just wanted to answer your question as to why they were changing midyear.
    Sunshine Rewards

I just sneaked under the radar and ordered mine tonight from undercovertourist about an hour ago. Mapleleaf tickets and ticketmania sell them too. Undercovertourist has no shipping charge. I checked DW tickets but it was more and the 1% SR credit didn't add up to the savings from UCT.
    Melissa

Luckily, I was able to upgrade the tickets for my Sept free dining package today at the old prices. It ended up saving me about $40+ by upgrading now.

I really think that Disney is taking advantage of their increased volume. I think that alot of people are going to start reconsidering the value of a Disney vacation.
    Lynn
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by llgray16 View Post
    Luckily, I was able to upgrade the tickets for my Sept free dining package today at the old prices. It ended up saving me about $40+ by upgrading now.

I really think that Disney is taking advantage of their increased volume. I think that alot of people are going to start reconsidering the value of a Disney vacation.
    I agree. More than likely, we won't be able to swing a disney trip next year. We've really lucked out on our disney trips in the past. This trip is being funded greatly through rewards programs this year but with the changes in the rewards industry I'm not counting on it being as profitable next year. Last year, I won a trip through a sweepstakes, the year before we actually paid for a trip, but the year before that DH was sent for work and we tagged along.

However, with the price increases, dining plan changes, and general all around bad economy, I don't foresee another trip next year for us. The ridiculous housing market, NJ property taxes, crazy gas prices and the affects of the gas prices on all purchase goods, groceries, etc, really are taking a toll. They were just reporting on the news the other night about so many people that are walking away from their houses and mortgages because they can't pay. According to the experts, our economy is supposedly doing fine, but with starter homes selling for $350,000 and up, and way too many people living off of credit cards and paycheck to paycheck, I don't see how that is possible. Honestly, I think people are just about maxed out (at least around here) and vacations are going to have to be minimized or cut out completely. Middle class is definitely hurting here in North Jersey.
    Debbie

Quote Originally Posted by mommommouse View Post
    OH well,
    Debbie
    I was looking through some old files of mine and noticed that when I bought my tickets last year I bought them on a Saturday evening, August 5th from Undercover Tourist for my upcoming trips (Sept.06 & May 07). The prices went up the next day, on August 6th!
    I splurged and bought a 10 day park hopper with water parks-non expiring for $418.00 then....I think they are now up to $444.00....I got 2 short 4nt/5day trips out of those tickets and still have a day or so left plus some water park admissions! That along with an airline credit....I see a trip within the next year!!
    I'M DEB And I'm Making My Way Back To Disney..With Sunshine Rewards...One Click At A Time!

Deb Tokarski -Mouse World Travel, An Authorized Disney Vacation Planner

Booking Disney Destinations (Disney World, DisneyLand, Disney Cruises & Adventures by Disney)
    as well as Sandals & Beaches Resorts and other destinations & other cruise lines worldwide!!

For more information and a free no-obligation quote email me at: deb@mouseworldtravel.com
    You can also Friend me on Facebook--> Deb Tee
    Your Dreams are a Wish Away with ME and I am ready to help you find your Dream Vacation!!