Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: (Ended)Countdown Contest: 14 Days Until Christmas

Default (Ended)Countdown Contest: 14 Days Until Christmas

We've talked a lot about the commercial aspects and traditional aspects of Christmas. Today let's talk about what is in your heart. If someone gave you $1000 to donate to a charity this Christmas, which charity would it be and why?

Standard Rules Apply:

http://sunshinerewardsforum.com/showthread.php?t=17569
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

kxmeeh is offline ymca...wasn't one of them a potato farmer???

near and dear to my heart. my sister has a blood disease, so it would have to be tag...thalassemia action group. they have yearly conferences and raise money so that people who want to attend, and learn about new developments, but can't afford to, can go anyway. she's actually on the board of directors, so we have fundraisers here in my hometown, usually twice a year. it's a rare blood disease, and on that doesn't get the attention compared to the biggies out there.

This is easy - I would donate 1/2 to our public library and the other 1/2 to our Literacy Council which helps adults learn to read. Because once you have complete access to information, you can find ways to help whatever challenge you're faced with.
    Sunshine Rewards

My money would go to the Make a Wish foundation. Seeing those sick kids always gets me.
    Sunshine Rewards

I would give the $1000 to Days End Farm Horse Rescue because they do wonderful things with horses that abused or neglected. There motto is give us your $ and we'll give you change. They live up to that every day. In fact one of the horses that my DD was very fond of came in a bundle of bones due to neglect and he is now a dressage horse.
    Sunshine Rewards

I'd donate it to the local homeless shelter. It's called Crossroads Rhode Island

They were so overwhelmed recently trying to find beds for homeless families with the recent cold snap. They have a virtual catalog on their site where it tells you what your donation will buy. 84 cents of every dollars goes directly towards providing services to the homeless and disconnected.

They help the homeless find a permanent home, crisis intervention, and vocational training. A very worthwhile organization that does incredible work in the entire state.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

I would donate the money to our town food pantry. They're really struggling this year with donations and they have more hungry people than ever unfortunately. My DH and I have a yearly tradition of donating to the pantry and this year is the worst we've ever seen it in terms of empty shelves - we'll be doing another drop off on Friday morning.
    Lori

Sunshine Rewards 8x Super Member

I think that I would have to say, the Make a Wish foundation. Also though, there are a few families I know of personally in our comunity that are struggling so hard this year, I have been wishing that I could just pay some bills for them to relieve some of the worry.
    Sunshine Rewards

I would donate to cancer research as it is becoming far too prevelent in the world today. I just saw in the local paper that it is predicted to be the leading cause of death in 2010.
    Thanks bs4free!
    Sunshine Rewards

DAV-Disabled American Vets. Through history, they have never gotten the help or respect they deserve.