Page 1 of 142 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Survey Technical Issues Thread

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

Default Daily Survey Technical Issues Thread

I have closed the old DS thread because we want to start out fresh and new and it is difficult to find good information in the old one.

Here are the rules for the new one:

1. Only post about technical issues involving specific surveys. i.e. I took a survey on TV's and it gets hung up in the middle.

2. Do not post about issues with having surveys available to you

3. Do not post asking about credits for surveys sometimes they don't come until late afternoon so please have patience. If something happens and they won't credit for the day Tricia will post a general forum announcement to the fact.

4. SR can not do anything about the number of surveys available so if you can not get a survey keep trying throughout the day the often load new surveys but please don't use this thread to let us know about it since we can not do anything to help with that. If there is a general issue with people not getting surveys Tricia will know because it will reflect in lower survey credits coming through.

5. Please remember to use the Report a Survey Problem Link at the bottom of the survey PAGE for Surveys that give you issues. Greenfield does not read this thread and will not know if there is a problem unless YOU report it through that link.

I appreciate you guys following these rules and helping us keep this thread as it was meant to be, a place to find out about surveys that are technically flawed so that we can avoid them or see that it wasn't just our computer causing the issue.

Good luck on your surveys guys and have a great day!
    Last edited by m 'n c; 12-10-2008 at 03:21 PM.
    Sunshine Rewards

Here is the information from the top of the other thread so that everyone can read and be refreshed on the rules of taking surveys:

As requested I am add this information for those who have survey questions about the general idea of taking surveys. Thanks to faithhope for compiling it.

Credits Monday through Thursday Surveys will USUALLY credit the next day. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday Surveys usually credit on Monday. Greenfield has normal working hours (ie Monday - Friday 8am to 5pm) and will take off on holidays which can delay survey credits. These credits normally come in by 9:30 AM EST but if Greenfield is behind it maybe closer to 12PM EST. Please do not panic if your surveys do not credit by 9:30AM. Sometimes they do not come in until late afternoon. It is not an issue unless it has become midnight and they still haven't credited. Tricia will post a general forum announcement if surveys will not credit for the day. If she hasn't posted then you can still expect them to credit at some point that day.

You can complete one survey a day, so if you get a "sorry you don't qualify for this survey" message, try again, keep trying until you get to complete a survey.

If you complete a survey, do not try to take another one as Greenfield has started tracking people who take multiple surveys in a day and will start banning you from their surveys. Sometimes survey credits get stuck and you may get 2 survey credits in one day. This is ok. It is when it happens regularly that you will run the risk of getting shut out.

If you get a connecting to partner site message during a survey.. go ahead, greenfield has many partner sites that pay for surveys via SR

If you get a no more surveys available for you message, go back through SR and try again... they add surveys at all times, so keep trying even a minute later. Please note that surveys are loaded during GF's operating hours - not after hours, not on weekends, not on holidays. If you get this message repeatedly during the day then chances are there really are no more surveys for your demographics. This is ok. Do not panic, you are not banned. Just take a day off and try again tomorrow.

Unfortunately, using another email address or changing demographics (ie having another member of your household try to qualify) is no longer permitted and can result in bannation from GF and potentially SR. Ground rules are being developed on surveys and will be posted when finalized. Until then, please only use 1 email address per account and 1 set of demographics. Thanks!

There is NOT a strict 24 hour time limit (it used to be so... but not anymore). so go ahead and try before your 24 hour time if you need to for any reason... you will either be allowed to take another survey or you will get the exceeded limit message. Sorry, I really don't know what the new rules are. Some people get stuck in 24 hour loops while others do not. Just try to keep track and don't panic if you are having issues. You may just be in a loop.

Please do not submit TT to Sunshine Rewards for survey credits. SR is not able dispute credits. SR has instituted the new link on the bottom of the survey page if you run across any surveys that give you error messages. Posting about issues here will NOT get them resolved by Greenfield

We really do try our best but we are basically at the mercy of Greenfield. Most members do get credit for surveys about 95% of the time when we look at the overall number of survey credits in a month. And you do not always have to get taken back to the SR page to get credit. I keep posting this but I am not sure how else to get the message to everyone. Sometimes someone besides GF hosts the survey. In that case, you do NOT get taken back to SR at the end. And you do NOT get your credit the next day. But within a couple of weeks, you will all of a sudden get an extra credit in the day.

A lot of people will post things like "Somehow I got two credits for yesterday but I only took one survey. What's up with that?" It's because the delayed credit was imported by GF.

It doesn't ALWAYS happen that way, but it does happen every month. So sometimes it works out but just takes a bit.
    Sunshine Rewards

3. Join Date
    May 2007

questions:

"Report a Survey Problem Link at the bottom of the survey thread"...do you mean at the bottom of the survey page? Not thread?

"If you complete a survey, do not try to take another one as Greenfield"...I think a big huge wonderful fabulous HELP would be to *define* "complete a survey".

Does it mean "I got to the SR "congratulations you have completed the survey" page (or whatever it says, LOL, I've been away so haven't completed one and can't remember the exact wording), or does it mean ANY "you have completed the survey" page? I think that was one of the most-asked questions in the old thread!

And...this is for Greenfield since I guess they are running the error reporting page? The wording above the boxes says that it's for surveys that didn't take you to the SR page. But then they ask for errors and error messages. Is it OK if it wasn't a problem that resulted in not getting to the SR congrats page? Is it OK if there wasn't an actual error message?

The wording is just confusing, and I know that I have been stopped in my tracks from reporting surveys before, b/c I didn't have an error message, or the problem I had happened well before expecting to get back to SR.

Thanks!
    Sunshine Rewards

My responses are in red:

Quote Originally Posted by mollyeilis View Post
    questions:

"Report a Survey Problem Link at the bottom of the survey thread"...do you mean at the bottom of the survey page? Not thread?

Yes. I just copied and pasted that part so I would say yes if you need to report an issue use the link on the Daily Survey page so that it goes to GF

"If you complete a survey, do not try to take another one as Greenfield"...I think a big huge wonderful fabulous HELP would be to *define* "complete a survey".

Does it mean "I got to the SR "congratulations you have completed the survey" page (or whatever it says, LOL, I've been away so haven't completed one and can't remember the exact wording), or does it mean ANY "you have completed the survey" page? I think that was one of the most-asked questions in the old thread!

Well here is the thing. We can leave it to your discretion to decide if you have completed the survey or not. OR we can say that any time you get a completed message whether from the survey company or us you have to stop. I think the discretion is probably better since most people will know if they completed it for credit or not.

And...this is for Greenfield since I guess they are running the error reporting page? The wording above the boxes says that it's for surveys that didn't take you to the SR page. But then they ask for errors and error messages. Is it OK if it wasn't a problem that resulted in not getting to the SR congrats page? Is it OK if there wasn't an actual error message?

The wording is just confusing, and I know that I have been stopped in my tracks from reporting surveys before, b/c I didn't have an error message, or the problem I had happened well before expecting to get back to SR.

If you have a technical issue with a survey then report it. Now, this doesn't mean that you get a message that says you didn't qualify after taking the survey for 20 minutes. That isn't technical that means they thought you went too fast. If the survey hangs up or gives you any other technical issues then report it to GF so they can pull the surveys that aren't working.

I think for the most part if people use prudent judgement we won't have survey issues. Don't do anything you think might be considered fraud by SR or GF. If you have to ask you probably shouldn't be doing it. Don't use the thread to complain. Use it as a tool to let your fellow members when there are TECHNICAL issues with a survey. Not just " I didn't like that one" If you think you will get credit for it...it didn't have a technical issue. We are really trying to make the forums a place to gain useful information while also enjoying some fun, games and chit chat with others. When every thread becomes a complaint, people skip all of the threads and no one gains useful information or has fun.
    Thanks!
    Sunshine Rewards

5. Default

i can't get the surveys to load...i get the firefox "problem loading page" page.

Same here. i get "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage". The web address trying to load is http://gozing.directtrack.com/z/3010/CD1989/11197. Not sure if i can post that or not. If not, please delete.

EDIT: oops, i think i'm violating rule #2, please delete my post as all i'm getting is Sorry, but the system has encountered an internal error and cannot go on with the interview at this stage.
    Please check back later.
    Last edited by juliokirkland; 12-11-2008 at 01:47 AM.
    Sunshine Rewards

I just checked and the surveys page is loading fine for me. I don't know if it was isolated to last night and they have fixed it.
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I had an issue late last night so that must have been the issue Janet. Probably site maintenance after hours that is now fixed.
    Sunshine Rewards

I have been trying most of the morning to get a survey with no luck. Twice I have been in a survey and got an error message- We're sorry, but the survey you are trying to access is currently unavailable.
    Please try again later.

The first was about soda, the second was about cream cheese.
    Claudia

Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

So - is it OK to say that I keep suddenly getting 'internet explorer cannot display page' when i go to try for a survey - because otherwise my internet is connecting. If not please delete. - seems that some others have had this problem.

We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give.