Page 2 of 142 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Survey Technical Issues Thread

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

I don't want you guys to think I am just randomly deleting posts in this thread so I will let you know what my criteria is for keeping a post as opposed to deleting it.

It basically comes down to the difference between qualifying issues and technical issues. GF won't do anything about qualifying issues. If you take a survey and it gets to the end and tells you that you don't qualify it is part of the survey and while it sucks it is not technical. The survey did what it was created to do. If you get any kind of 'you don't qualify' message it is not considered technical and we can't report it to GF so you wouldn't post about it here.

If you are taking a survey and it freezes or it gives you an error page or it closes out or anything else that doesn't give you a competion message or a you dont qualify message it is considered technical. These would be issues that would make a survey impossible to take. We need to report these to GF so that they can pull the survey or fix the technical issue. These should be reported on the GF report link and also you can put it on this thread so that other people can see there is a technical issue with that survey.

We also can't have posts in this thread about qualifying for surveys. If you aren't getting any options it means GF doesn't have anything for you to take but you can keep trying back to get one because they often load new surveys.

I hope this clears it up some so you guys won't feel so wierd or unsure if what you are posting is ok or not. I appreciate you guys trying to keep this thread to technical issues. It will help us to get those broken surveys taken care of quicker because we don't have to fish for them in a thread full of other things. Thanks!
    Sunshine Rewards

2. Join Date
    May 2007

Hi Janet, thanks for the explanation!

Is there a place to mention problems with OTX, like where at the very end you get the message "sorry we have experienced an unexpected technical error, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us"??

Also, remember how the OTX was, and might still since there are people with b'days to the end of the year, needing us to put the age we *would* be this year? Without people reporting that, no one would have known that, and people with birthdays after Jan 1 wouldn't have gotten any OTX surveys this year. What if something like that is happening (with Greenfield or OTX), but it *seems* to be just a qualifying thing and it requires multiple people reporting exactly what happened when they were disqualified? How will you find out about it?
    Last edited by mollyeilis; 12-13-2008 at 02:22 PM. Reason: finished a sentence.
    Sunshine Rewards

If for some reason you find an odd thing like that we would be ok with you reporting that here. However, we can't let it turn in to a thread full of I didnt qualify posts. I don't really remember how we found out about that but it seems that it was because OTX told us we were lying when we entered our age. If something happens and they are telling you that have lied about something you know is truthful it would be fine to report that. Simply getting a message that says that you don't qualify would not be reported though. Thanks.
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Actually the only surveys where Tricia can report any type of problem are those that are through Greenfield which is why technically SM surveys can be reported even if you go through the SM link.

OTX is run through a third party and Tricia has tried to get into contact with that 3rd party and OTX before and has gotten no response so it is kind of pointless to discuss OTX issues. So in a nutshell that is why this thread is for GF issues and there isn't anything for OTX issues.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    Actually the only surveys where Tricia can report any type of problem are those that are through Greenfield which is why technically SM surveys can be reported even if you go through the SM link.

OTX is run through a third party and Tricia has tried to get into contact with that 3rd party and OTX before and has gotten no response so it is kind of pointless to discuss OTX issues. So in a nutshell that is why this thread is for GF issues and there isn't anything for OTX issues.
    not meaning to drag this thread off topic, but just adding a bit on the OTX issue - I have tried directly contacting them myself thru email/tech support and no response there, either. so they aren't very good communicators!

We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give.

I have a technical question.

I just did a survey this morning. When I got the congradulations page, I didn't close the page. I left for about an hour. When I just sat down on the computer, I saw the message, "your time has expired, please take another survey"?

When I clicked on it, it took me back to the survey page options.

I am wondering if I should retake a survey or not worry about it, since I got the congradulations page.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

I would say if you got the congrats page you will be fine. I wouldn't worry about doing another one.
    Sunshine Rewards

8. Join Date
    May 2007

I agree. That page seems to be the same "timed" page as is the list of options, and if you leave it there, it will time out.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
    I have a technical question.

I just did a survey this morning. When I got the congradulations page, I didn't close the page. I left for about an hour. When I just sat down on the computer, I saw the message, "your time has expired, please take another survey"?

When I clicked on it, it took me back to the survey page options.

I am wondering if I should retake a survey or not worry about it, since I got the congradulations page.
    I have a tendency to have that happen a lot and I would say at least 9 times out of 10, it credits.
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

Sunshine Rewards

I got a survey today about junk mail and spam. I answered quite a few questions for about 5-10 minutes until it finally told me I didn't qualify to complete the survey. But I was routed back to the 'congratulations' page.

Has this happened to anyone else, and did you get credit?

Jeanne - happily residing in Wisconsin Badger country