Thread: TV Converter boxes

Default TV Converter boxes

Does anyone have recommendations on converter boxes? I've researched alot and the reviews are all over the place. Also, does anyone know of an SR merchant that sells the boxes that we can use the government $40.00 gift cards and get credit?

A few months back, i registered to get those government gift cards (https://www.dtv2009.gov/). I then went to Wal-Mart and bought the boxes in store. As for the boxes themselves, they are all pretty much the same I think. I am not one who gets hung up on brand names or anything. It works perfectly. Granted, I only have 1 model, but it works and was the cheapest I could get. They should all come with remotes - but double check. Nice way to make your tv a remote controlled tv if you lost the original remote or if it is really really old.

As for getting SR credit, not sure about that. I don't see why it wouldn't work. The cards swipe like credit cards so surely Wal-Mart or other stores that support the government program will allow you to purchase online. But then again, since you are not paying for it, whether they allow you to earn $ back on government money is an interesting question....Let me know if it works for you.

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I just failed the test run last night that all of our stations had to see if we were ready. I wasn't too surprised but I'm not sure if we are going to bite the bullet and get satellite or do the boxes. I registered for 2 coupons last night so if anyone is interested there are still coupons to be had.
    Sunshine Rewards

I went to the website with the link you provided and got the list of online sites that are honoring the gov. coupons. CompUSA.com has a choice of 3. I chose a model for $40.01 and shipping of 8.99. They are only allowing 1 coupon per order so I placed 2 separate orders. For a total of $18.00 out of my pocket and 2% SR cash back, I did ok! Let's see if the credit comes thru.

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Thanks for the update. When I get my coupons I'll check them out because the boxes would basically be free (plus shipping). Not too shabby.

Warning. Based on that logic you may not receive credit if you didn't actually pay anything to CompUSA.com. Not 100% sure but just be aware they may say that since you didn't pay them anything (other than shipping and taxes) that they won't pay SR.
    Sunshine Rewards

Any updates on this?

I ordered one through Comp USA but with the coupon I actually only paid $1 + shipping out of pocket. I have not seen a credit from Comp USA. Anyone else try it and get credit?
    Claudia

Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Ok I wanted to give an update. I ordered 2 boxes from CompUSA last week and they ended up being $5 plus shipping after the coupon. I did the whole shopping through the SR link for the first box and did end up receiving credit as it posted in my account today. Since I was in a rush I didn't wait for the confirm and then clear and go thru the SR link for the 2nd order and so I didn't get credit for that one. My credit was only 10 cents so it is not a big deal.

So in summary, if you actually pay something for the box other than shipping you should see credit if you shop thru SR properly.
    Sunshine Rewards